Source for C based encryption source?
Author Message
 Source for C based encryption source?

Greetings!

      I am a C programming student and am looking for some source code and
tutorials on doing  file encryption using C.  I have written several simple
programs that work well with simple text files created using Notepad but they
don't work when trying to encrypt more complex files such as the .doc files
created by Word.  Can someone point me to some reference materials, preferably
on the web, that would help me to learn this?

              Many thanks in advance!

             Vaughn
--

Wed, 17 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Source for C based encryption source?

Quote:

>       I am a C programming student and am looking for some source code and
> tutorials on doing  file encryption using C.  I have written several simple
> programs that work well with simple text files created using Notepad but they
> don't work when trying to encrypt more complex files such as the .doc files
> created by Word.  Can someone point me to some reference materials, preferably
> on the web, that would help me to learn this?

Not likely; any tutorials specific for encryption will most likely
concern themselves with algorithms for encryption, not C programming
problems.  Probably you're just making a simple mistake, such as
assuming that the document is structured as a (line-oriented) "text
stream".  To encrypt arbitrary files you need to open them as
"binary streams", which also means that they cannot be passed via
stdin/stdout (except on POSIX-compatible systems).
--

Fri, 19 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Source for C based encryption source?

Quote:
>      I am a C programming student and am looking for some source code and
>tutorials on doing  file encryption using C.  I have written several simple
>programs that work well with simple text files created using Notepad but they
>don't work when trying to encrypt more complex files such as the .doc files
>created by Word.  Can someone point me to some reference materials, preferably
>on the web, that would help me to learn this?

What you need is an encryption program that handles files in binary
mode.  The origin of the file will then be irrelevant.

Francis Glassborow      Journal Editor, Association of C & C++ Users
64 Southfield Rd
Oxford OX4 1PA          +44(0)1865 246490

Sat, 20 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Source for C based encryption source?
The standard for privacy encryption is called DES (data encryption
standard).  This is a symmetric key algorithm.  The algorithm is
public, so a web search might find it.  Otherwise, try your school
library.  Start with:

Author         Schneier, Bruce
Title          Applied cryptography : protocols, algorithms, and source code in C
Imprint        New York : Wiley c1994.
ISBN           0471597562 (paper)

Quote:

> I am a C programming student and am looking for some source code and
> tutorials on doing file encryption using C.  I have written several
> simple programs that work well with simple text files created using
> Notepad but they don't work when trying to encrypt more complex
> files such as the .doc files created by Word.  Can someone point me
> to some reference materials, preferably on the web, that would help
> me to learn this?

Sat, 20 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Source for C based encryption source?

Quote:

>       I am a C programming student and am looking for some source
> code and tutorials on doing file encryption using C.  I have written
> several simple programs that work well with simple text files
> created using Notepad but they don't work when trying to encrypt
> more complex files such as the .doc files created by Word.  Can
> someone point me to some reference materials, preferably on the web,
> that would help me to learn this?

You might find it helpful to visit the web sites of some cryptographic
C libraries.  Lots of helpful links.  Here's the URL of cryptlib, a
free C library:

     http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/cryptlib/

--
--Ed Cashin                     PGP public key:

--

Sat, 20 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Source for C based encryption source?

        Thanks again!

        Vaughn
--

Sat, 20 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Source for C based encryption source?

Quote:
>You might find it helpful to visit the web sites of some cryptographic
>C libraries.

THANKYOU!!!  I have been doing web searches looking for this type of site but I
must be using the wrong types of search strings (encryption, C and Encryption)
because I keep coming up with sites of providers but no libraries.  If you have
a couple more would you please post them - I bet I'm not the only one who would
be interested!  ;)

       Many thanks again!

       Vaughn
--

Sun, 21 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Source for C based encryption source?

You really need applied cryptography ?

Quote:
>>You might find it helpful to visit the web sites of some cryptographic
>>C libraries.

>THANKYOU!!!  I have been doing web searches looking for this type of site
>but I
>must be using the wrong types of search strings (encryption, C and Encryption)
>because I keep coming up with sites of providers but no libraries.  If you have
>a couple more would you please post them - I bet I'm not the only one who
>would
>be interested!  ;)

>       Many thanks again!

>       Vaughn

\/\/\/\/\/\  Chris Hills          Staffs /\/\/\/\/\/
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\     England      /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Tue, 23 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Source for C based encryption source?

2. Compile CS source code using ICodeCompiler

3. cs source code

4. Any good enough encryption source?

5. Public Key Encryption Source

6. Source-code encryption

7. Encryption sources

8. help! encryption c-source code

9. Need Encryption source code please.

10. string encryption in source code

11. Source code for base conversions?

12. looking for sources of curses based `life'