How to assign a value to unsigned long variable
Author Message
 How to assign a value to unsigned long variable

hi

In gcc if i assign a value to unsigned long variable falling in the range of
acceptable it is giving me the warning

!!!warning: decimal constant is so large that it is unsigned

Why it is so

can any one help me
--

Sat, 07 Jan 2006 16:10:52 GMT
 How to assign a value to unsigned long variable

Quote:

> In gcc if i assign a value to unsigned long variable falling in the range of
> acceptable it is giving me the warning
> !!!warning: decimal constant is so large that it is unsigned
> Why it is so

Because you didn't add the 'UL' suffix to the constant.

Sun, 08 Jan 2006 01:59:03 GMT

1. fprintf, using unsigned long values

2. I cannot assign value to the variable

3. Assigning values to structure variables

4. assign binary value to a variable

5. Assigning initial values to private variables in a class

6. addition long values to long double value ?

7. (unsigned int)(unsigned long)(void *)p

8. How to convert unsigned long to unsigned char?

9. Converting Unsigned Short to Unsigned long

10. Assigning and printing long long int's

11. format specifier for unsigned long long

12. printing unsigned long long problem