simulation of VSSCANF() ?
Author Message
 simulation of VSSCANF() ?

Hi,

Have anybody written a wrapper to sscanf in pure ANSI C?
It means that I do not have vsscanf() function taking va_list
and do not like to implement vsscanf from scratch.
I am trying to  find an intermediate solution, but ...
I will be very pleased for any helpfull ideas.

Many TIA
Igor
--

Sun, 27 Apr 2003 09:47:57 GMT
 simulation of VSSCANF() ?

Quote:

> Have anybody written a wrapper to sscanf in pure ANSI C?
> It means that I do not have vsscanf() function taking va_list
> and do not like to implement vsscanf from scratch.

You're stuck, then.  The other way round might be doable,
i.e. emulating sscanf() if you only have vsscanf(), but if you don't
have vsscanf(), there's no way you can write it in a portable manner.
The problem is that there is no run-time-variable number of arguments
in a C function call --- only compile-time variable.

The above assumes that not having vsscanf() also means you don't have
vscanf() and vfscanf(), either.

Tue, 29 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. vsscanf and readsize

2. vsscanf() and portability

3. How to use vsscanf?

4. vsscanf()

5. VSSCANF no longer available in MSVC?

6. Questions on vsprintf(), vsscanf(), stdarg.h, varargs.h

7. Wanted, vsscanf, vfscanf, vscanf

8. vsscanf

9. vsscanf?

10. vsscanf routine?

11. vsscanf

12. Where is vsscanf ? (Was: Calling varargs from varargs)