Generating Hadamard sequences
Author Message
 Generating Hadamard sequences

Hello!

I am currently doing the experimental part of my M.Sc. thesis work in C.
Now I am searching for a way to generate 256-bit long Hadamard sequences
with relatively small work memory usage.

It was very easy to create a recursive function, which outputs the whole
matrix, but I think it is waste of memory to store the whole 256x256
matrix because it uses 64 kilobits and only 16 rows from that matrix are
ever used.

If you have any references to readymade code snippets etc, I would
appreciate your help very much.

BR,
      - Kalle
--

Mon, 02 Jun 2003 15:17:01 GMT
 Generating Hadamard sequences

Quote:

> I am currently doing the experimental part of my M.Sc. thesis work in C.
> Now I am searching for a way to generate 256-bit long Hadamard sequences
> with relatively small work memory usage.

> It was very easy to create a recursive function, which outputs the whole
> matrix, but I think it is waste of memory to store the whole 256x256
> matrix because it uses 64 kilobits and only 16 rows from that matrix are
> ever used.

Why not just save those 16 rows?  If the sequence is only 256 bits...

--Jeff Turner
--

Sun, 08 Jun 2003 06:51:36 GMT

1. Cycles in large sequences of randomly generated numbers

2. generating class and sequence diagrams

3. Converts a sequence of wide characters to a corresponding sequence of multibyte characters

4. Unrecognized escape sequence

5. Assignment and sequence points

6. Sequence Points & Side Effects

7. Sequence point question (function result semantics)

8. Escape sequences

9. Sequence point or not?

10. Yet another sequence point question

11. Explaining precedence vs. sequence