will compiler think an int function is really a long function?
Author Message
 will compiler think an int function is really a long function?

MN> [...] No warnings. The program will in fact most crash because of
MN> stack frame corruption.

SH> Which is a bug, plain and simple according to ISO C90.

No it isn't.  The text that you quote clearly states the behaviour in
this case to be undefined.  No constraint is being violated.

SH> Watcom C should issue an error message

Undefined behaviour does not necessitate the issuance of any message,
diagnostic or otherwise.
--

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 12:32:50 GMT

1. will compiler think an int function is really a long function?

2. will compiler think an int function is really a long function?

3. will compiler think an int function is really a long function?

4. char size (was long long long long long int)

5. Convert C++ (return type int, long, user-define, etc) function into COM/ATL

6. Calling int f(int (*f)(int)) like function in DLL from VB

7. Why I am getting Error C2091: function returns function

8. typecasting int to long long int

9. suggestions on how to fire events invoking the Fire_ConnectEv(LONG result_code) function from global (static) functions

10. yes I am willing to

11. Long int to ascii and ascii to long int functions needed.

12. passing 8bytes long long type to function??