please any one help me in dividing 1024 bit number with 1024 bit another number
Author Message
 please any one help me in dividing 1024 bit number with 1024 bit another number

hi ,

     Can any one send me some process of dividing 1024 bit number with
another 1024 bit number there is one algorithm developed by Knuth iam
unable to follow that algorithm can any one help me please by
providing a understanding document on it please thank you
--

Sat, 17 Dec 2005 07:15:21 GMT
 please any one help me in dividing 1024 bit number with 1024 bit another number

Quote:
> hi ,

>      Can any one send me some process of dividing 1024 bit number with
> another 1024 bit number there is one algorithm developed by Knuth iam
> unable to follow that algorithm can any one help me please by
> providing a understanding document on it please thank you

I have no idea what algorithm you are talking about.

Try chapter 4 of The Art of Computer Programming.

IIRC division by multiplying by 1/n is covered in the section
"How fast can we multiply" or maybe the next section after that.

Tim.

--

and there was light.

     http://tjw.hn.org/      http://www.locofungus.btinternet.co.uk/
--

Tue, 20 Dec 2005 07:38:01 GMT

1. Trouble representing signed 16 bit number as two signed 8 bit numbers

2. Two 8-bit numbers from one 16-bit

3. char (*array_p) [1024] question

4. how to replace /e:1024 by /e:2048 ?

5. converting const char* to unsigned char[1024]

6. How to listen to a port < 1024

7. 1024 letters in command line

8. ETDT_ENABLETAB background repeats at 1024 pixels - aggggh

9. 1024*768 graphic

10. 1024 * 768 Resolution?

11. Misleading Disk full error when writing files beyond 32767 * 1024 bytes

12. Get Nth bit value from a 32-bit number