Eclipse IDE Help for c/c++: Content assist
Author Message
 Eclipse IDE Help for c/c++: Content assist

Hello all,
Sorry that this is in relation to c hacking, but eclipse is generally
though of as a java tool, so I figured I may have some luck here.
Anyways, I've been using eclipse to hack java for a while, and I just
installed the cdt c/c++ tools off of the eclipse web site since I have
a project in which I'm forced to do some c hacking. Anyways, I'm
having trouble witht the content assist/content completion. I've
checked the settings and it is turned on, but everytime I try it, even
trying to complete stati or in or lon (static, int, long) or even a
variable reference from within the file (trying to complete my_var
after having declared int my_var earlier in the file) I just get a
"string not found" error in the window. Anyways, content assist is a
life saver, so I'm hoping someone can enlighten me on how to get it
working with c. Thank you very much for your time.

Chris

[moderator note: eclipse being cross-platform, there's no real "newsgroup for
 your platform" to direct the guy to, so I figure this is a question about a C
 tool.]
--

Fri, 09 Sep 2005 04:39:56 GMT
 Eclipse IDE Help for c/c++: Content assist

comp.lang.c:

Quote:
> Hello all,
> Sorry that this is in relation to c hacking, but eclipse is generally
> though of as a java tool, so I figured I may have some luck here.
> Anyways, I've been using eclipse to hack java for a while, and I just
> installed the cdt c/c++ tools off of the eclipse web site since I have
> a project in which I'm forced to do some c hacking. Anyways, I'm
> having trouble witht the content assist/content completion. I've
> checked the settings and it is turned on, but everytime I try it, even
> trying to complete stati or in or lon (static, int, long) or even a
> variable reference from within the file (trying to complete my_var
> after having declared int my_var earlier in the file) I just get a
> "string not found" error in the window. Anyways, content assist is a
> life saver, so I'm hoping someone can enlighten me on how to get it
> working with c. Thank you very much for your time.

> Chris

The C language does not define the workings of any IDE.  You need to
ask this in a support group for the IDE, it has nothing at all to do
with the language.

I have no idea what if any support groups there are for Eclipse,
perhaps IBM has one on their web site somewhere.  With luck you will
find one somewhere.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

Mon, 12 Sep 2005 03:38:25 GMT
 Eclipse IDE Help for c/c++: Content assist

Quote:

<snip>

> Chris

> [moderator note: eclipse being cross-platform, there's no real "newsgroup for
>  your platform" to direct the guy to, so I figure this is a question about a C
>  tool.]
> --

what's wrong with
eclipse.tools.cdt at
news.eclipse.org
?
Wolfgang
--

Mon, 12 Sep 2005 03:38:40 GMT
 Eclipse IDE Help for c/c++: Content assist

Quote:

> Hello all,
> Sorry that this is in relation to c hacking, but eclipse is generally
> though of as a java tool, so I figured I may have some luck here.
> Anyways, I've been using eclipse to hack java for a while, and I just
> installed the cdt c/c++ tools off of the eclipse web site since I have
> a project in which I'm forced to do some c hacking. Anyways, I'm
> having trouble witht the content assist/content completion. I've
> checked the settings and it is turned on, but everytime I try it, even
> trying to complete stati or in or lon (static, int, long) or even a
> variable reference from within the file (trying to complete my_var
> after having declared int my_var earlier in the file) I just get a
> "string not found" error in the window. Anyways, content assist is a
> life saver, so I'm hoping someone can enlighten me on how to get it
> working with c. Thank you very much for your time.

> Chris

> [moderator note: eclipse being cross-platform, there's no real "newsgroup for
>  your platform" to direct the guy to, so I figure this is a question about a C
>  tool.]

Did you visit the eclipse.tools.cdt newsgroup?  It's listed at
http://eclpse.org as the newsgroup for Eclipse C/C++ tooling.

hth,
Charlie
--

Mon, 12 Sep 2005 03:40:13 GMT

1. Eclipse IDE Help for c/c++: Content assist

2. Refactoring And the Eclipse IDE

3. Experienced VC++ programmers, please assist VB guy lookin to learn C++

4. Experienced VC++ programmers, please assist VB guy lookin to learn C++

5. An assist on Help/About dialog box

6. URGENT HELP Borland C++ 4.0 IDE/Project settings

7. Help : Visual C++ IDE problem

8. Help WIth C++ IDE And Disapearing Classes

9. Having C++ template prob with C++ ide

10. Eclipse performance

11. Eclipse.org in DotNet??

12. ECLIPSE