How can I create Cscope main file (I have a big tree of files in main directory)?
Author Message
 How can I create Cscope main file (I have a big tree of files in main directory)?

Guys,

Does anybody have any idea how can I create cscope file?. ( I have a
big tree of source files in particula directory, I wanted to search
particular function names and files, I think Cscope will do that).
Thanks in advance.
--

Wed, 28 Sep 2005 06:23:28 GMT
 How can I create Cscope main file (I have a big tree of files in main directory)?

Quote:

> Does anybody have any idea how can I create cscope file?.

$ man cscope

It's too much work for us to type in all the relevant information.

I don't know what you mean by having a tree of files in one directory.
If you mean that some of the headers are in subdirectories, use the
-I option of cscope similarly to cc, lint, etc.

If you just want to know about the format of cscope.file,
have you tried entering one filename per line?
--

Fri, 30 Sep 2005 12:25:09 GMT
 How can I create Cscope main file (I have a big tree of files in main directory)?

Quote:

> Does anybody have any idea how can I create cscope file?. ( I have a
> big tree of source files in particula directory, I wanted to search
> particular function names and files, I think Cscope will do that).

Try using the -s<directory> option for all of the directories that
contain source files.

--
burton samograd

http://kruhftwerk.dyndns.org
--

Fri, 30 Sep 2005 12:25:16 GMT
 How can I create Cscope main file (I have a big tree of files in main directory)?

Quote:

>Does anybody have any idea how can I create cscope file?. ( I have a
>big tree of source files in particula directory, I wanted to search
>particular function names and files, I think Cscope will do that).

cscope -R

see: http://cscope.sourceforge.net/cscope_man_page.html

Thanks. Take care, Brian Inglis         Calgary, Alberta, Canada
--

    fake address                use address above to reply
--

Fri, 30 Sep 2005 12:25:49 GMT

1. Main window, choose file dialog, tree views, and toolbar buttons

2. Main window, choose file dialog, tree views, and toolbar buttons

3. newbie question....int main, void main, main

4. main() vs int main() vs int main(void)

5. void main() v/s int main()

6. int main() or void main()

7. main GUI thread -vs- Main Frame Thread

8. Dialog owned by main window not hidden when main minimized

9. void main(void) or int main() ??

10. void main() or int main()?

11. <Q> main( ) within main( )

12. void main() <-> int main()