sizeof(a,b)
Author Message
 sizeof(a,b)

Quote:

> Quick, what does
>         sizeof(object)
> mean?  If you uniformly follow my recommended practice,
>         sizeof object
> indicates that "object" denotes an object, whereas
>         sizeof(object)
> indicates that "object" denotes a type.  The extra
> information contained in the syntax is very useful when
> wading through mountains of source code.  If you instead
> always use parentheses, you lose this visual cue.

Assuming you don't use some other coding style, such as capitalizing
all type names, to make such code clearer.

    sizeof(counter)    // probably an object
    sizeof(Counter)    // probably a type

Quote:
> I have redirected followups, since this is changing from
> a standards issue to a style issue.

Yes.  I still don't feel I've gotten a definitive reply to my
original post that started this thread.

Sun, 26 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Visual C++ Developer ( Bs. As. Argentina )

2. comp bs

3. Borland Support: JD Powers AD is B.S.

4. relation between sizeof(void*), sizeof(int)

5. sizeof (struct) ! = sizeof struct elements

6. sizeof without sizeof

7. sizeof a/sizeof *a

8. sizeof(foo) -1 or sizeof(foo)

9. sizeof(void*) versus sizeof(foo*)

10. sizeof(int) sizeof(long) etc.

11. coding style advice for sizeof (long) < sizeof (size_t)?

12. sizeof (pointer to array)/sizeof (p[0]) how to use ?