Event Driven programming in C
Author Message
 Event Driven programming in C

On Sat, 02 Oct 1999 06:36:26 GMT, it occurred to Islam Guemey to write:

Quote:
>Suppose I have three modules/functions, each with its own event queue.
>What are the principles of writing an event-driven simulation where
>functions can post signals/events, and an event controller dispatches those
>signals on the appropriate event queue.

>Any advice and/or pointers to resources on the implemention details, is
>greatly appreciated.

Have a look at the GTK+ toolkit, which uses a pretty versatile and
generic system for registering signals, events and handlers, and
dispatching events from a main loop.
http://www.*-*-*.com/

In case you are interested in C++ implementations, libsigc++, basically
a type-safe signal/handler framework, is definitely worth a look, though
it is probably even harder to understand than GTK.
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~kenelson/libsigc++/

Both of these may be slightly overkill, though, if you really only have
three parties that are interested in the events.

HTH.

Lauri Alanko

--

Thu, 21 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Event Driven programming in C

you might want to check out http://www.cynapps.com
for a c++ library for modeling hardware.

This includes events, signals, and everything you might need to, say, design
a microprocessor.

Perhaps it is overkill for your needs.

--

Sun, 24 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Event Driven programming in C

2. Sources on event driven programming using C?

3. What is an event-driven c program?

4. Resize Window on Page_Load Event (aspx.cs)

6. Problem #30 on http://cs.nmu.edu/programming/c/problems.htm

7. SoftEng or CS Graduate Program Search

8. FS: Programming and CS Books --- CHEAP

9. 1995 UT IEEE CS National Programming Contest

10. Good CS Programs

11. IEEE CS National Programming Contest [Addendum3]

12. 1993 IEEE CS National Programming Contest Notice