Cross Reference Utility for C Source?
Author Message
 Cross Reference Utility for C Source?

   I just joined this NG, and I can't find any reference to a FAQ (which
I would have searched first) for it.  What I'm looking for is a Cross-
Reference utility for C sources.  I know such things exist for other
languages (I even wrote one for Modula-2), and I don't want to "reinvent
the wheel" if at all possible.
   Any thoughts, sources?  TIA

[You might look for the FAQ for "comp.lang.c".  There is a FAQ for clcm,
 but really, several of the questions there are going on being asked a
 second time, and they're all about the group, not about C. -mod]
--

Wed, 17 Sep 2003 07:55:44 GMT
 Cross Reference Utility for C Source?

Quote:
>   I just joined this NG, and I can't find any reference to a FAQ (which
>I would have searched first) for it.  What I'm looking for is a Cross-
>Reference utility for C sources.  I know such things exist for other
>languages (I even wrote one for Modula-2), and I don't want to "reinvent
>the wheel" if at all possible.

The FAQ is here:

-hs-    "spaces, not tabs"
ISO-C Library: http://www.dinkum.com/htm_cl
FAQ de FCLC : http://www.isty-info.uvsq.fr/~rumeau/fclc
--

Thu, 18 Sep 2003 20:23:48 GMT
 Cross Reference Utility for C Source?

Quote:
> What I'm looking for is a Cross- Reference utility for C sources.

Several of them exist in free software. My personal favourite for
off-line work on crossrefrences (i.e. generate and then read at
leasure, later) work is the free version of 'cxref' generating HTML or
LaTeX. For interactive crossreference queries, I'd try 'cscope' or
Source Navigator.

Thu, 18 Sep 2003 20:24:27 GMT
 Cross Reference Utility for C Source?

Quote:
>   I just joined this NG, and I can't find any reference to a FAQ (which
>I would have searched first) for it.

You cross posted, but assuming you mean C.L.C, wait a few days and the
weekly "Welcome" message will answer many questions. Also many
regulars have the FAQ listed in their sig.

Quote:
>What I'm looking for is a Cross-
>Reference utility for C sources.  I know such things exist for other
>languages (I even wrote one for Modula-2), and I don't want to "reinvent
>the wheel" if at all possible.

GNU has one  - did you try gnu.org ?

Quote:
>[You might look for the FAQ for "comp.lang.c".  There is a FAQ for clcm,
> but really, several of the questions there are going on being asked a
> second time, and they're all about the group, not about C. -mod]

--
Mark McIntyre

Thu, 18 Sep 2003 20:24:39 GMT
 Cross Reference Utility for C Source?

My preference is for LXR/Bonsai/Bugzilla suite via www.mozilla.org.
More that what you asked for but ...

Quote:

 http://shaun.tancheff.com/       /?/                 -_-

--

Sun, 21 Sep 2003 12:36:38 GMT

1. Cross Reference Utility for C Source?

2. C/C++ Cross Reference Utilities - Recommendation

3. Need: ANSI cxref (cross-reference utility)

4. Source code cross reference program?

5. Reference.cs Generated with Parameters Reversed

6. Compile CS source code using ICodeCompiler

7. cs source code

9. Cross-referencing classes

10. C/C++ cross reference tool

11. Cross-reference in include files

12. Cross reference tools for C/C++ under Unix