Formatted __DATE__ and __TIME__ strings?
Author Message
 Formatted __DATE__ and __TIME__ strings?

Greetings!

I am trying to determine how to print out the /formatted/ time
stamp of a compiled code.  The pre-defined macro's __DATE__ and
__TIME__ work great to return the date and time, but return them
as strings instead of struct tm's.  With struct tm's the formatting
is easily handled with strftime.

The short version: Short of breaking down the strings returned by
__DATE__ and __TIME__ and performing a bunch of conversions, is
there a straight-forward means to return the compile date and time
in a formatted manner?

Many thanks!

-Brian
--

Sun, 28 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Formatted __DATE__ and __TIME__ strings?

   The short version: Short of breaking down the strings returned by
   __DATE__ and __TIME__ and performing a bunch of conversions, is
   there a straight-forward means to return the compile date and time
   in a formatted manner?

Nope.  You'll have to parse the strings, I think.
--
(apparently c.l.c's main grump now that firewind seems to have blown away)

Please: do not email me copies of your posts to comp.lang.c
        do not ask me C questions via email; post them instead
--

Mon, 29 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Formatted __DATE__ and __TIME__ strings?

2. Convert Formatted Date-String to Date Object

3. C time/date to Visual Basic time/date

4. Date Time Picker - Date AND Time

5. Formatted compile date and time?

6. change date time format

7. Date / Time Formatting Help