Modal and Non-Modal Forms - I need help!
Author Message
 Modal and Non-Modal Forms - I need help!

HI!

 If anyone can help me with the following problem I would be
eternially greatful!!

I keep getting error #401 - "Can't show non-modal form when modal form
is displayed."  I get this when I use the SHOW method to display a
non-modal form even after every other form on the screen has either
been unloaded or hidden.  Since there are no forms shown when I try to
show this one how can I get this error???  It's got me stumped.

If anyone's got an idea please post or e-mail it to me.  I will be in
your debt.

Thanks!

Sun, 29 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Modal and Non-Modal Forms - I need help!
Could be because you are hidding a modal form instead of unloading it

Sun, 29 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Modal and Non-Modal Forms - I need help!

Quote:

>Subject: Re: Modal and Non-Modal Forms - I need help!
>Date: Thu, 12 Oct 1995 18:11:51 GMT
>I got involved with a thread like this a while back.  Assuming you do
>have a modal form that you are hidding, you will need a timer to solve
>this.  All you need is one tick from the timer.  Yep, set your timer
>to excute once for 1 tick and it should work.  DoEvents and
>programming loops don't help, just the one click from the timer!
>=-=-=-=-=-=

>>HI!

>> If anyone can help me with the following problem I would be
>>eternially greatful!!

>>I keep getting error #401 - "Can't show non-modal form when modal form
>>is displayed."  I get this when I use the SHOW method to display a
>>non-modal form even after every other form on the screen has either
>>been unloaded or hidden.  Since there are no forms shown when I try to
>>show this one how can I get this error???  It's got me stumped.

>>If anyone's got an idea please post or e-mail it to me.  I will be in
>>your debt.

>>Thanks!

>=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>Harry Lichtbach
>Almaden Unlimited
>San Jose, CA. USA

In what context do you use the timer?

I.e. Where do you put the timer, on the form that is being hidden?

Brett,

Mon, 30 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Modal and Non-Modal Forms - I need help!
Hm....,  As I remember, I had three forms, Form1: Main (modless);
Form2:  Modal; Form3; Modless.  Form1called Form2 which called Form3.
I think the timer was on Form2 (the form that is being hidden) BUT I
don't think it mattered.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Quote:

>>Subject: Re: Modal and Non-Modal Forms - I need help!
>>Date: Thu, 12 Oct 1995 18:11:51 GMT

>>I got involved with a thread like this a while back.  Assuming you do
>>have a modal form that you are hidding, you will need a timer to solve
>>this.  All you need is one tick from the timer.  Yep, set your timer
>>to excute once for 1 tick and it should work.  DoEvents and
>>programming loops don't help, just the one click from the timer!
>>=-=-=-=-=-=

>>>I keep getting error #401 - "Can't show non-modal form when modal form
>>>is displayed."  I get this when I use the SHOW method to display a
>>>non-modal form even after every other form on the screen has either
>>>been unloaded or hidden.  Since there are no forms shown when I try to
>>>show this one how can I get this error???  It's got me stumped.

>In what context do you use the timer?

>I.e. Where do you put the timer, on the form that is being hidden?

>Brett,

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Harry Lichtbach
Almaden Unlimited
San Jose, CA. USA

Tue, 31 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. MODAL FORM & NON MODAL FORM

2. MODAL FORM & NON MODAL FORM

3. MODAL FORM & NON MODAL FORM

4. non-modal form when a modal form is displayed

5. MODAL FORM & NON MODAL FORM

6. How Do I Change A Modal Form To Non-Modal

7. Non modal <-> modal form

8. Modal vs. Non-Modal Forms

9. Detecting whether a form is MODAL or NON MODAL - Causing event to fire

10. Modal and non-modal forms

11. Problem with draw order after calling modal a modal from from a modal form

12. Modal and non Modal