I am working on cool project, looking for creative idea to help
Author Message
 I am working on cool project, looking for creative idea to help

I am working with the webbrowser object, easy enough right?

ok,

here i load a page lets say ebay...
WebBrowser1.Navigate URL, Flags, TargetFrame, Headers

now i want to fill in the foem on the web page...
the form doesnt have a name, but I gain focus by manually clicking on
the feild and put this code in a button

         WebBrowser1.Document.Form.query.Value = "playstation"

ok so this code is in a button and the page is loaded and the cursor
blinking but the code doesnt work, the search form on ebay doesnt have
a name to it.

has anyoen tried anythign like this before?

see i kow i can jsut do a post i would but i want to login to things
with an automated browser. soem sites have random keys in the forms and
stuff like that, it makrs it harder to automate things, the best i can
think of is if i want to login to a place load the webpage, then grab
the html and then pasrse is and get the key from the form and then
include it in a post then hopefully it goes though ok.

The problem is that it detects that the post came from my hard drive
somehow. Well soem places do anyways.

I will continue looking in the old postings for thigns such as bots
crawlers web agents wininet webrbroswer object and other stuff...

If you find this page later on in a search and you have any ideas to
help me let me know, ill know if you post a reply even if its a little
time form now.

everyone thanks...

I like helping people too, i just helped 2 newbies in ims, but now I am
the one who needs help.

I will appreciate it...

Jim

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 20 Apr 2003 12:11:23 GMT
 I am working on cool project, looking for creative idea to help
If you know there is not a form name - or even if ther is - you can
use the forms collection like

forms[0].query.value = 'playstation'

Quote:

>I am working with the webbrowser object, easy enough right?

>ok,

>here i load a page lets say ebay...
>WebBrowser1.Navigate URL, Flags, TargetFrame, Headers

>now i want to fill in the foem on the web page...
>the form doesnt have a name, but I gain focus by manually clicking on
>the feild and put this code in a button

>         WebBrowser1.Document.Form.query.Value = "playstation"

>ok so this code is in a button and the page is loaded and the cursor
>blinking but the code doesnt work, the search form on ebay doesnt have
>a name to it.

>has anyoen tried anythign like this before?

>see i kow i can jsut do a post i would but i want to login to things
>with an automated browser. soem sites have random keys in the forms and
>stuff like that, it makrs it harder to automate things, the best i can
>think of is if i want to login to a place load the webpage, then grab
>the html and then pasrse is and get the key from the form and then
>include it in a post then hopefully it goes though ok.

>The problem is that it detects that the post came from my hard drive
>somehow. Well soem places do anyways.

>I will continue looking in the old postings for thigns such as bots
>crawlers web agents wininet webrbroswer object and other stuff...

>If you find this page later on in a search and you have any ideas to
>help me let me know, ill know if you post a reply even if its a little
>time form now.

>everyone thanks...

>I like helping people too, i just helped 2 newbies in ims, but now I am
>the one who needs help.

>I will appreciate it...

>Jim

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Mon, 21 Apr 2003 09:55:17 GMT
 I am working on cool project, looking for creative idea to help
Perhaps the Object property may be of use? I've tried with it, but can't get
it to work.

Hope this helps.

QuickHare
Remove the NOSPAM to E-Mail direct.
Enleve la NOSPAM E-Mail moi directement.

Mon, 21 Apr 2003 05:59:59 GMT
 I am working on cool project, looking for creative idea to help

Quote:
> If you know there is not a form name - or even if ther is - you can
> use the forms collection like

> forms[0].query.value = 'playstation'

  i used this line of code but got an error,,,

WebBrowser1.Document.Forms [0].query.Value = "playstation"

i get an error if i use single quotes, ill assume you ment double...
also, vb automatically ads a space after the "Forms" and the "[0]" I
dont know if that is significant. ANyways , i dont know if the code i
used is correct, aparently not,

the error is

EXTERNAL NAME NOT DEFINED
im confused... I am also wondering the importance of the mshtml.dll and
the mshtmlwb.dll I have the mshtml.dll in my windows system. Is that
enough? I tried linking it to the project but it didnt let me. Do I
need to link it or is having the file in the c:\windows\system
directory good enough?

i was also investigting the dhtmledit control, it doenst seem to be
needed i think i went on a tangent. I am researching everything and am
having problems finding things. I found some things on the microsoft
site but there are still some holes i believe.

anyone may email me at

take out the no spam

Quote:

> >I am working with the webbrowser object, easy enough right?

> >ok,

> >here i load a page lets say ebay...
> >WebBrowser1.Navigate URL, Flags, TargetFrame, Headers

> >now i want to fill in the foem on the web page...
> >the form doesnt have a name, but I gain focus by manually clicking on
> >the feild and put this code in a button

> >         WebBrowser1.Document.Form.query.Value = "playstation"

> >ok so this code is in a button and the page is loaded and the cursor
> >blinking but the code doesnt work, the search form on ebay doesnt
have
> >a name to it.

> >has anyoen tried anythign like this before?

> >see i kow i can jsut do a post i would but i want to login to things
> >with an automated browser. soem sites have random keys in the forms
and
> >stuff like that, it makrs it harder to automate things, the best i
can
> >think of is if i want to login to a place load the webpage, then grab
> >the html and then pasrse is and get the key from the form and then
> >include it in a post then hopefully it goes though ok.

> >The problem is that it detects that the post came from my hard drive
> >somehow. Well soem places do anyways.

> >I will continue looking in the old postings for thigns such as bots
> >crawlers web agents wininet webrbroswer object and other stuff...

> >If you find this page later on in a search and you have any ideas to
> >help me let me know, ill know if you post a reply even if its a
little
> >time form now.

> >everyone thanks...

> >I like helping people too, i just helped 2 newbies in ims, but now I
am
> >the one who needs help.

> >I will appreciate it...

> >Jim

> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> >Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Need creative icons - Looking for ideas

2. Help: Click Queue - Looking for creative solutions?

3. Any Creative Copy Protection Ideas?!

4. Any Creative Copy Protection Ideas?!

5. help with really cool project

6. Looking for a programmer to work with me on a project

7. Cool Idea!

8. IDEA: Project to help new people to VB

9. Help Please, Looking for Ideas

10. Help: I am looking for a RTF-Editor

11. Help: I am looking for a RTF-Editor

12. Experienced developer looking for projects (full projects or as subcontractor)