bmp 24-bit to 1-bit conversion
Author Message
 bmp 24-bit to 1-bit conversion

hi, i'm programming in Visual Basic, and i need references for coding
a program to convert 8-bit or 24-bit bmp files into 1-bit monochrome bmps.
my graphic is already in b/w, so i just need code to change the format.
can anyone help me?

thanks in advance

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ; Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading

Tue, 21 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 bmp 24-bit to 1-bit conversion

I think you just want to use 256 shades of gray.....

changing it to 1-bit will only let you have 2 colours. Black and white. No
gray or any variation. Just Black and White. The picture will look aweful.

--
Signed,
Steven Haigh

"Most popular VCR Time:  12:00"
"Runtime Error 6D at 417A:32CF: Incompetent User."

Quote:
>hi, i'm programming in Visual Basic, and i need references for coding
>a program to convert 8-bit or 24-bit bmp files into 1-bit monochrome bmps.
>my graphic is already in b/w, so i just need code to change the format.
>can anyone help me?

>thanks in advance

>http://www.dejanews.com/   Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading

Tue, 21 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 bmp 24-bit to 1-bit conversion

Quote:
>I think you just want to use 256 shades of gray.....

>changing it to 1-bit will only let you have 2 colours. Black and white. No
>gray or any variation. Just Black and White. The picture will look aweful.

I'm not sure if the original poster wanted shade of gray or not but I
would like to know how to save a bmp from VB as just two colors.
I have an app that generates a black and white image (kind of like
line art) but when it saves, it saves as true color.

TIA

Tue, 21 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 bmp 24-bit to 1-bit conversion

hi, thanks for replying.... although it wasn't the answer i was
looking for, i appreciate it.  the original picture in wmf metafile
format is already in b/w, and then i use Visual Basic savepicture
to save it as bmp format.  i then use a photo software to convert
that 24-bit bmp to 1-bit bmp, and then use that in my application
software.  right now i'm looking for a way to make the conversion
fully automatic, without having to manually convert it using
an external software.  non-programmers will be using the wmf-bmp
converter, so i can't keep it manual.

Quote:

> >I think you just want to use 256 shades of gray.....

> >changing it to 1-bit will only let you have 2 colours. Black and white. No
> >gray or any variation. Just Black and White. The picture will look aweful.

> I'm not sure if the original poster wanted shade of gray or not but I
> would like to know how to save a bmp from VB as just two colors.
> I have an app that generates a black and white image (kind of like
> line art) but when it saves, it saves as true color.

> TIA

Wed, 22 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. 24-bit bmp to 1-bit conversion

2. 24 bit BMP to 8 bit BMP

3. BMP 24-bit to BMP 1-bit converting

4. Convert 16 bit bmp to 24 bit bmp

5. How to load a 24 bit bmp picture

6. 24 Bit BMP File Structure

7. Reduce BMP to 8 bit from 24

8. Howto change 24 bit bitmap into 8 bit bitmap in vb

9. 24 bit signed number conversion

10. Converting 16/24 bit image to 8 bit

11. 24-bit to 8-bit bitmaps

12. 24-bit to 1-bit bitmap