Please Help Newbie Crystal Report / VB help needed.
Author Message
 Please Help Newbie Crystal Report / VB help needed.

I need to be able to browse any *.rpt file which I got working not clicking
then I need to start Crystal Report control and start the report. Can anyone
help Please here is the code:

I have a common Dialog control named dlgCommonDialog
            CrystalReport1 control

Private Sub Form_Load()

   Dim sFile As String

    With dlgCommonDialog
        .DialogTitle = "Open Crystal Report"
        .CancelError = False
        'ToDo: set the flags and attributes of the common dialog control
        .Filter = "All Reports (*.rpt)|*.rpt"
        .ShowOpen
        If Len(.FileName) = 0 Then
            Exit Sub
        End If
        sFile = .FileName
    End With

    CrystalReport1.ReportFileName = sFile
    CrystalReport1.Action = 1

End Sub

Mon, 22 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Please Help Newbie Crystal Report / VB help needed.
First of all what happens with the code below?  And second if Crystal
Reports is you default app for RPT files, why not shell the rpt file?
Furthermore when I work with Crystal inside VB I also throw in the follwoing
code for robustness

CrystalReport1.DataFiles(0) = DatabasePath
'just to tell the control where to find the data for the specified report.
This is also done in you rpt though.

Steve Easy

Quote:

>I need to be able to browse any *.rpt file which I got working not clicking
>then I need to start Crystal Report control and start the report. Can
anyone
>help Please here is the code:

>I have a common Dialog control named dlgCommonDialog
>            CrystalReport1 control

>Private Sub Form_Load()

>   Dim sFile As String

>    With dlgCommonDialog
>        .DialogTitle = "Open Crystal Report"
>        .CancelError = False
>        'ToDo: set the flags and attributes of the common dialog control
>        .Filter = "All Reports (*.rpt)|*.rpt"
>        .ShowOpen
>        If Len(.FileName) = 0 Then
>            Exit Sub
>        End If
>        sFile = .FileName
>    End With

>    CrystalReport1.ReportFileName = sFile
>    CrystalReport1.Action = 1

>End Sub

Mon, 22 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Please Please help !!! Crystal Report Help Needed

2. Need Help Please with Access, VB and Crystal Report

3. PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP,

4. Crystal Report Help Please or Tell me where to get Crystal Help

5. Newbie problems using Crystal reports with Oracle - please help

6. Please Help...Crystal Reports..Please Help

7. Newbie needs help with Crystal Reports parameters

8. Newbie needs help with crystal report

9. Newbie needs help with Crystal report

10. Crystal Reports Newbie needs help

11. CRYSTAL REPORT HELP NEEDED FOR NEWBIE

12. Help needed for Crystal Reports 8 newbie!