Is there a drop-down listbox out there ?
Author Message
 Is there a drop-down listbox out there ?

Hi all,

I'm looking for a control that will allow my users to choose an item from a
list
that drops down when they click on it.
More or less like the property fields in VB but choice is to be restricted
to only the items on the list.
I could of course use a listbox but I'll be requiring several of these
controls on a form and listboxes just take up too much space as they need a
certain height to show more than one item.
Does anyone know of such a control ?

Thanks,

Tom

Fri, 07 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Is there a drop-down listbox out there ?
Mea Culpa

Sorry to have posted such a dumb question. I just found out that changing
the
combo's Style property does the trick.

Tom

Quote:

>Hi all,

>I'm looking for a control that will allow my users to choose an item from a
>list
>that drops down when they click on it.
>More or less like the property fields in VB but choice is to be restricted
>to only the items on the list.
>I could of course use a listbox but I'll be requiring several of these
>controls on a form and listboxes just take up too much space as they need a
>certain height to show more than one item.
>Does anyone know of such a control ?

>Thanks,

>Tom

Fri, 07 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Is there a drop-down listbox out there ?

Quote:

>I'm looking for a control that will allow my users to choose an item from a
>list that drops down when they click on it.
>More or less like the property fields in VB but choice is to be restricted
>to only the items on the list.

Urm... something like a combobox? Have you tried it? What's wrong with
it? (Hint: it's a standard VB control. Set style to "2 - dropdown list")

Quote:
>I could of course use a listbox but I'll be requiring several of these
>controls on a form and listboxes just take up too much space as they need a
>certain height to show more than one item.

If you don't like what the original combobox looks like, you could
puzzle one together yourself. For example, use some display field and a
button next to each other, and make the listbox visible only when a user
clicks on the button. Make it ionvisible again none of those three have
the focus. That is, in fact, more or less how a Windows combo box is
constructed. But shhh... don't tell anyone.      ;-)

   HTH,
   Bart.

Fri, 07 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Drop Down List Box - Drop Down portion does not always disappear after Click event

2. Press F1 key while drop-down menu item highlighted, drop-down menu stays on top

3. Data bound drops downs dont drop down!

4. VBA code to go to a bookmarked drop down goes to wrong drop down

5. drop down listbox

6. Problems programming drop-down ListBox

7. Drop-down Listbox - programatically setting the selected item

8. HELP: Fonts in drop-down listbox?

9. HELP: Fonts in drop-down listbox?

10. win95 Drive Drop Down Listbox

11. Drop-down ListBox with Imagelist?

12. Change number of rows shown for drop-down listbox