VB5 page fault in GDI32.DLL: PLEASE HELP!!
Author Message
 VB5 page fault in GDI32.DLL: PLEASE HELP!!

        I just purchased and installed  VB5.  However whenever I run
the program I get an "Illegal Operation" error, "VB5 caused an invalid
page fault in GDI32.DLL", and I have to close the program.  An
inauspicous beginning  at best.
        I have tried reinstalling, uninstalling and reinstalling,
closing all other programs while installing and running, and fiddling
with the video acceleration, all without success.
        Someone earlier suggested deleting the registry key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\micorosoft\Visual Basic\5.0\UI however I
don't have this key in my registry so deleting it wouldn't seem to be
the answer.
        Does anyone have an idea of how to correct this problem so I
can run this program?

Sun, 16 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5 page fault in GDI32.DLL: PLEASE HELP!!

Jim...Deborah Kurata keeps a very up to date site for VB5 bugs...

try here:

http://www.insteptech.com/vb5bugs.htm

Quote:

> I just purchased and installed  VB5.  However whenever I run
>the program I get an "Illegal Operation" error, "VB5 caused an invalid
>page fault in GDI32.DLL", and I have to close the program.  An
>inauspicous beginning  at best.
> I have tried reinstalling, uninstalling and reinstalling,
>closing all other programs while installing and running, and fiddling
>with the video acceleration, all without success.
> Someone earlier suggested deleting the registry key
>HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\micorosoft\visual basic\5.0\UI however I
>don't have this key in my registry so deleting it wouldn't seem to be
>the answer.
> Does anyone have an idea of how to correct this problem so I
>can run this program?

Tue, 18 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB5 caused an invalid page fault in ( any help please )

2. VB5 caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL

3. Page Fault in DAO350.DLL in VB5 with SQL 7.0

4. DAO350.DLL page fault error - VB5 odbc connection to local SQL Server7

5. VB5 caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL

6. Page Fault in DAO350.DLL in VB5 with SQL 7.0

7. VB5 Win95 Bug - Invalid Page Fault in MSO97RT.DLL - Solution

8. VB5 Error: Invalid Page Fault at MS097RT.DLL

9. VB5 SP3 invalid page fault kernel32.dll at 0137:bff798fb

10. VB5 caused an invalid page fault in KERNEL32.DLL

11. Page Fault in DAO350.DLL in VB5 with SQL 7.0

12. HELP VB5.0 Page fault error