*%#@%&! ComboBox Control
Author Message
 *%#@%&! ComboBox Control

Have a simple form with a ComboBox Control.  At design time I set the List
elements in the Properties window to:

*

In code I set the .ListIndex = 0.

The problem is that upon execution the text displayed in the ComboBox is
not consistent.

Sometimes the text = "*" and sometimes the text is "" (empty).

Anybody having a similar problem?

Sat, 17 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 *%#@%&! ComboBox Control
Two things could be occurring
1. Code where you set .Listindex = 0 is not being called.

2. Or...Somewhere else in your code you are programmatically setting the
ComboBox to a value which has not been added to the ComboBox,
An error is created and the ComboBox is being set automatically back to its
default value of -1 (blank).
I suggest using the "On error goto label" whenever you are programmatically
setting this ComboBox.

Hope that was helpful

Quote:

>Have a simple form with a ComboBox Control.  At design time I set the List
>elements in the Properties window to:

>*

>In code I set the .ListIndex = 0.

>The problem is that upon execution the text displayed in the ComboBox is
>not consistent.

>Sometimes the text = "*" and sometimes the text is "" (empty).

>Anybody having a similar problem?

Sat, 17 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Controls.Remove & ComboBox

2. user control & combobox

3. *&*&*&* Date math question *&*&*&*

4. Combobox & Events

5. VBA & COMBOBOX problem

6. Combobox & Wizard

7. VBA & COMBOBOX problem

8. Define & Initialize ComboBox at Runtime

9. Combobox & Linked Cells

10. DataAdapter & Combobox's

11. DataAdapter & combobox

12. Font, Size & Color combobox