Crystal Report - changing datasource at runtime
Author Message
 Crystal Report - changing datasource at runtime

How do you change the datasource to a DAO or ADO recordset at runtime?
I have wasted too much time trying Data Report and finally found where
Crystal Reports was hiding on the VB 6.0 CD.

Thanks for any help

-Bill Bither

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 28 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Report - changing datasource at runtime
I downloaded Crystal Reports 6.0, so I'm not sure if this will work in
the version that comes with VB (4.5 I think). Look up Data Definition
File in Help. This allows you to define data types at design time and
puts the information into a text file(.ddf). At run time you will set
the recordsource using the  SetDataSource method (also in help). You
just have to make sure that the data types and fields in the recordset
match those in the DDF. Hope it helps.
Jeff
Quote:

>How do you change the datasource to a DAO or ADO recordset at runtime?
>I have wasted too much time trying Data Report and finally found where
>Crystal Reports was hiding on the VB 6.0 CD.

>Thanks for any help

>-Bill Bither

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Fri, 01 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Report - changing datasource at runtime
Version 4.5 does not allow that functionality.  Where were you able to
download Crystal Reports v6.0?  Was it free?

Thanks,
-Bill Bither

Quote:

> I downloaded Crystal Reports 6.0, so I'm not sure if this will work in
> the version that comes with VB (4.5 I think). Look up Data Definition
> File in Help. This allows you to define data types at design time and
> puts the information into a text file(.ddf). At run time you will set
> the recordsource using the  SetDataSource method (also in help). You
> just have to make sure that the data types and fields in the recordset
> match those in the DDF. Hope it helps.
> Jeff

> >How do you change the datasource to a DAO or ADO recordset at
runtime?
> >I have wasted too much time trying Data Report and finally found
where
> >Crystal Reports was hiding on the VB 6.0 CD.

> >Thanks for any help

> >-Bill Bither

> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> >Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Sun, 03 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Report - changing datasource at runtime
You can download from SeaGate's website
Quote:

> Version 4.5 does not allow that functionality.  Where were you able to
> download Crystal Reports v6.0?  Was it free?

> Thanks,
> -Bill Bither

> > I downloaded Crystal Reports 6.0, so I'm not sure if this will work in
> > the version that comes with VB (4.5 I think). Look up Data Definition
> > File in Help. This allows you to define data types at design time and
> > puts the information into a text file(.ddf). At run time you will set
> > the recordsource using the  SetDataSource method (also in help). You
> > just have to make sure that the data types and fields in the recordset
> > match those in the DDF. Hope it helps.
> > Jeff

> > >How do you change the datasource to a DAO or ADO recordset at
> runtime?
> > >I have wasted too much time trying Data Report and finally found
> where
> > >Crystal Reports was hiding on the VB 6.0 CD.

> > >Thanks for any help

> > >-Bill Bither

> > >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > >Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

Tue, 05 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Changing Datasource at runtime - Crystal Reports v4.5

2. Change Report's Datasource at Runtime?

3. how to change the datasource of a crystal report at program run time

4. Changing sort on Crystal Reports at runtime -- How?

5. Change SQL for Crystal Reports at runtime

6. changing data source in crystal report @ runtime

7. Crystal Reports - Changing Access Tables at runtime

8. changing db location in ODBC for Crystal Report at runtime

9. Change SQL for Crystal Reports at runtime

10. Changing Crystal Report database location at runtime

11. How can i change picture in Crystal report at runtime

12. Change Formulas Font at runtime in Crystal Report