HELP with file lists and vb4 32 pro
Author Message
 HELP with file lists and vb4 32 pro

Hi, I run VB 4 Pro 32, and I'm working on a program, it requires me to get
all the files in a dir (*.gif) or (*.jpg).. and i need to write them to a
file like

me.gif
logo.jpg
back.gif
logo2.gif
is.gif
mark.jpg

etc.. How can i do this?

i tried:

shell "dir *.gif >dir1.tmp"
shell "dir *.jpg >dir2.tmp"

And open them and read the files... is there an easyer way of doing this?
I am printing each filename to ".\pictures.txt"

Any help?
Thanks.

ttyl

 - Press Ctrl-Alt Del to Continue
Insomniac Software; The Non Drowsy Software
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~ryand/
The Dog House BBS: Many Msg Bases, Filez
and Registered Doors. 3 CDs and Hooked with
GraveNET(45:705/2) and GameZONE(33:200/101)
             (7o5) 534-3861

Wed, 09 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP with file lists and vb4 32 pro

> Hi, I run VB 4 Pro 32, and I'm working on a program, it requires me to
> get all the files in a dir (*.gif) or (*.jpg)..
> and i need to write them to a file like

VB Online Help:
Dir, Dir$
Open Statement (For file handling)
Close Statement (ditto)
Print, Write (For file output)

N Varacalli
--
The views expressed herein do not represent the views of my employer.

The Address in the header is mangled, delete appropriately.

To reach me via e-mail, try (replacing stars with dots)
NICHOLAS_VARACALLI at non-hp-Canada-om1*om*hp*com

Sun, 13 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Compressing files with VB4 32 Pro edition

2. After VB4 Pro 32-bit Install ven2232.olb not found displayed on VB4 startup

3. VB4.0 Win 32/Pro - Access 7.0 Security problem

4. A colour question (Win 95 and VB4 Pro 32 bit)

5. 32-bit VB4 Pro in Win 95 crashes

6. Global Shorcut key in VB4 Pro 32-bit

7. Deleting a table from Access database - VB4 32 Pro

8. SETFOCUS command in VB4 Pro (32-Bit)

9. VB4 Pro 32 and 16

10. Need help with Icons in RES file in VB4 32 bit

11. VB4 Pro File Listing Question - SECOND try

12. File-List Question Under VB4 Pro