VB5 and DAO. Putting DAO into code
Author Message
 VB5 and DAO. Putting DAO into code

I've been programming in VBA (Visual Basic Access) for a few weeks now, and I
have gotten comfortable with the DAO.  I want to include DAO support in my VB5
project, but I havn't the slightest clue how?  I assume it's in one of the OCX
controls, but none of them seem to say anything about DAO.  Help?

                                Ben Finkel

Sat, 24 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5 and DAO. Putting DAO into code

Quote:

>I've been programming in VBA (Visual Basic Access) for a few weeks now, and I
>have gotten comfortable with the DAO.  I want to include DAO support in my VB5
>project, but I havn't the slightest clue how?  I assume it's in one of the OCX
>controls, but none of them seem to say anything about DAO.  Help?

It's not a control, it's a reference.  Go to Project | References and select
Microsoft DAO 3.5 Object Library.

Lee Weiner
weiner AT fuse DOT net

Sat, 24 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5 and DAO. Putting DAO into code

In VB5 you simply need to add the DAO reference library to your
project to use DAO.  It's one of the last selections "References" on
the Project Menu.

Quote:
>I've been programming in VBA (Visual Basic Access) for a few weeks now, and I
>have gotten comfortable with the DAO.  I want to include DAO support in my VB5
>project, but I havn't the slightest clue how?  I assume it's in one of the OCX
>controls, but none of them seem to say anything about DAO.  Help?

>                            Ben Finkel

Thu, 29 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. hot to put/get a bitmap into a mdb using DAO (w/o DataControl)

2. speed of DAO code vs VBA code

3. Moving from DAO 3.5 to DAO 3.6

4. DAO 3.5 & DAO 3.51 work differently

5. Convert DAO 3.5 to DAO 3.6 Jet Engine 4.0

6. DAO 3.5 vs DAO 3.51

7. DAO 3.5 object library vs. DAO 3.51

8. DAO 3.6 vs DAO 3.5 (VB6.0 sp3)

9. VB4 is DAO 3.5 safe, or DAO 3.0 better

10. Referencing DAO 3.51 and DAO 3.60

11. DAO Quick Reference Sheet V2 - DAO.DOC (0/1)

12. Reference DAO 3.6 Object Library or DAO 2.5/3.51 Compatibility Library