installing vb program in Windows NT, Windows 2000
Author Message
 installing vb program in Windows NT, Windows 2000

I've tested my installation routine of my VB program using Win95 and
Win98.  Everthing seems to work fine.

I don't have access to Windows NT or Windows 2000.  Should I bother or
not be worried at all?

If I should be worried, what should I look out for.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 05 Apr 2003 09:01:13 GMT
 installing vb program in Windows NT, Windows 2000

Quote:

>I've tested my installation routine of my VB program using Win95 and
>Win98.  Everthing seems to work fine.

>I don't have access to Windows NT or Windows 2000.  Should I bother or
>not be worried at all?

>If I should be worried, what should I look out for.

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

I once had an API call that worked in Win95 but did not work in NT4.
It was a call to force a combobox to drop via code. Other than that,
I've had no other problems in NT thus far.

In Win 2000, you can have problems with file permissions. You may be
able to install the app ok, but only you can run it because others
don't have permission to the files.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Word 2000 from within VB: Windows 2000: error, Windows ME: ok

2. Windows 2000 and windows NT in one machine

3. writing vbscript to know the OS of a remote PC ( is WIndows NT or WIndows 2000)

4. rds windows nt vs windows 2000 server

5. Packaging Apps on Windows 2000 to run on Windows NT

6. Unable to install VB Enterprise on Windows 2000

7. Install embedded VB on Windows 2000 professional

8. Looking for freeware ocx to access Parallel port from VB on Windows 2000 or NT

9. Upgrade from NT to Windows 2000 stops VB IIS applications from accessing data bases

10. How can I force VB to start a program as top window in Windows 2000

11. VB 5.o installing problems under Windows NT

12. Install VB6.0 project on Windows 2000