RT 75: Path/File access error?
Author Message
 RT 75: Path/File access error?

Is there a way to programmatically delete a file that has been left open?
The only way I can delete this file is to restart the computer.  If I try to
delete the file with the kill command, I get "Rt 75 Path/File access error"

Thanks

Mon, 03 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 RT 75: Path/File access error?
Hi Chris,

Hmmm,

you have several options,

1) leave the file on the system, when your app runs again check if the file
exists, if so delete
2) build a function in your application ex. RemoveFile, which can only be
triggered my running your app with a parameter, check for this parameter,
for example
  If Command$ <> Empty
    Kill "C:\Windows\Temp\PQF001.TMP"
  End If
  Put an entry in RunOnce in the registry to you application with parameter
"whatever"

Hope you understand what I mean, tell me so and give me more details of what
you are doing.

See you,

Pete

www.compuguide.be/vbasic/

Quote:
> Is there a way to programmatically delete a file that has been left open?
> The only way I can delete this file is to restart the computer.  If I try
> delete the file with the kill command, I get "Rt 75 Path/File access
error"

> Thanks

Mon, 03 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 RT 75: Path/File access error?
Is there a way to programmatically delete a file that has been left open? The
only way I can delete this file is to restart the computer.  If I try to
delete the file with the kill command, I get "Rt 75 Path/File access error"

Thanks

Mon, 03 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 RT 75: Path/File access error?
Hi Chris,

Hmmm,

you have several options,

1) leave the file on the system, when your app runs again check if the file
exists, if so delete
2) build a function in your application ex. RemoveFile, which can only be
triggered my running your app with a parameter, check for this parameter, for
example
  If Command$ <> Empty
    Kill "C:\Windows\Temp\PQF001.TMP"
  End If
  Put an entry in RunOnce in the registry to you application with parameter
"whatever"

Hope you understand what I mean, tell me so and give me more details of what
you are doing.

See you,

Pete

www.compuguide.be/vbasic/

Quote:
> Is there a way to programmatically delete a file that has been left open?
> The only way I can delete this file is to restart the computer.  If I try
> delete the file with the kill command, I get "Rt 75 Path/File access
error"

> Thanks

Mon, 03 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error 75: File/Path Access Error

2. Path/File access error (Error 75)

3. Error 75: File/Path Access Error

4. Error 75 (Path/File access error) ???

5. Error 75 'Path/File access error'

6. Error 75 Path/File access error

7. Error 75 'Path/File access error'

8. Path/File access error (Error 75)

9. Error 75: File/Path Access Error

10. Error 75 path/file access error

11. FileCopy returns path/file access error 75.

12. Path/File Access Error 75