VB3 err:Commit or RollBack without BeginTrans, but the BeginTrans is there!
Author Message
 VB3 err:Commit or RollBack without BeginTrans, but the BeginTrans is there!

Unfortunately I had to come back to program with VB3. I'd modified an old
program and I added more DataBase actin with other BeginTran and Commit or

Quote:
>Rollback.

I have lot of them in the program but none is nested.
At run time I beginTrans (Form,Load) then I do lot of thinks on database
(dynasets and more) then on a Exit button I made a CommitTrans, but the
above error happened.
Both the de{*filter*} and a flag variable tell me that the BeginTransaction has
been done and no other RoolBack or Commmit ave been executed.
I need an urgent help.
Thanks a lot.
Grazie

Tue, 11 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VB3 err:Commit or RollBack without BeginTrans, but the BeginTrans is there!

Quote:

> Unfortunately I had to come back to program with VB3. I'd modified an old
> program and I added more DataBase actin with other BeginTran and Commit or
> >Rollback.
> I have lot of them in the program but none is nested.
> At run time I beginTrans (Form,Load) then I do lot of thinks on database
> (dynasets and more) then on a Exit button I made a CommitTrans, but the
> above error happened.
> Both the de{*filter*} and a flag variable tell me that the BeginTransaction has
> been done and no other RoolBack or Commmit ave been executed.
> I need an urgent help.
> Thanks a lot.
> Grazie

There are limits on the amount of data that can be in pending
transactions.  I don't think I've ever seen a specific number listed,
but folks here have suggested a commit after every 100 updates.
Remember that all this works by buffering the transactions in memory
until the commit, so there must be limits.

In my own work I keep the db open only when it's needed.  Transactions
are used when more than one table must change, and the db is closed
right after the commit.  There is some overhead with this, but I have no
problems with "corrupted db" since I started doing it this way.

--
Regards
/Don Ames

Please visit our web site at...
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~guu_sftw

Tue, 11 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB4 - Commit or Rollback without BeginTrans. (Error 3034)

2. Commit or Rollback without BeginTrans Error

3. VB4 - Commit or Rollback without BeginTrans. (Error 3034)

4. BeginTrans Commit RollBack

5. BeginTrans, Commit, RollBack

6. BeginTrans|Commit|Rollback

7. Begintrans/Commit/Rollback

8. "CommitTrans (or Rollback) without BeginTrans"

9. To BeginTrans or not to BeginTrans........

10. BeginTrans, Rollback Question with query.

11. BeginTrans, CommitTrans, Rollback

12. Using BeginTrans, Commit Trans