does vb/vj/vc++ share same ide/editor?
Author Message
 does vb/vj/vc++ share same ide/editor?

does Visual Basic 5.0 share the same ide and/or editor as the ide
in visual java and Visual C++?  i plan to start learning java and
visual basic soon, and would like to learn one ide if possible.  thanks.

Fri, 10 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 does vb/vj/vc++ share same ide/editor?

I work with VJ++, VC++, and Visual Basic. VJ and VC use the Microsoft
Developer Studio, but personally I don't think you'll have a problem with
the differences. There are a few things you'll have to learn differently,
though.

The next version of Visual Studio is supposed to use the same IDE for all of
the programming languages (the IDE that VB5 uses right now).
--
Ben Baird
Microsoft SiteBuilder Network Level 2

jim plummer wrote in article ...>does visual basic 5.0 share the same ide
and/or editor as the ide

Quote:
>in visual java and visual c++?  i plan to start learning java and
>visual basic soon, and would like to learn one ide if possible.  thanks.

Fri, 10 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 does vb/vj/vc++ share same ide/editor?

Quote:
> does visual basic 5.0 share the same ide and/or editor as the ide
> in visual java and visual c++?  i plan to start learning java and
> visual basic soon, and would like to learn one ide if possible.  thanks.

No.

In fact, IMHO, Visual Java isn't very visual at all. I only got about 15
minutes to play with it, but I couldn't figure out how to create a form
or place a control or anything. It's all code.

Mon, 13 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Multilanguage Debugging in VC IDE and VB IDE

2. Multilanguage Debugging in VC IDE and VB IDE

3. VC programer doing it in VB

4. small title bars (like vc++ IDE)

5. I need vc ide macro help, trying to create a move to end of word macro

6. Debug ActiveX Dll in VC IDE

7. VC-COM from VB/VC/Script

8. VB IDE Like Editor

9. IE5, Visual Studio (VB, VC, VJ and VID in particular) and ADO 2.1: Are there still known issues?

10. Help-- Problem with Sharing data betweeb a VC++ COM and a VB app

11. 3rd party tools for VB vs VC vs VC++

12. problem: vc++ dll and vb