How to tell what OCX's and DLL's are registered
Author Message
 How to tell what OCX's and DLL's are registered

Could someone please explain to me hwo to tell just which of the plethora
of OCX and DLL files on my machine are actually registered in the
registery? Is there a way to determine which ones are orphans?

I would appreciate any help I can get on this. Thanks.

Cheers

Alex Schulz

Fri, 15 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How to tell what OCX's and DLL's are registered

Quote:
>Could someone please explain to me hwo to tell just which of the plethora
>of OCX and DLL files on my machine are actually registered in the
>registery? Is there a way to determine which ones are orphans?

>I would appreciate any help I can get on this. Thanks.

>Cheers

>Alex Schulz

Alex:

The only way I know if doing this is to use a utility program like
MicroHelp's Uninstaller.  It actually searches through Windows\System
and compares against the registry and checks the system applications
for their need of DLL's/OCX's to help you out.

But even this is not foolproof.

Akiva Marks                       Harmonic Lightwaves (Israel), Ltd.

# spam spoof active:              invalid from&reply, remove .xxx  #

Sun, 17 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Registering DLL's and OCX's in Win 3.1

2. How to identify registered dll's and ocx's

3. Registering OCX and DLL's

4. Registering DLL/OCX/VBX's at installation

5. Can't register OCX's

6. Can't register OCX's

7. 'Unable to register COMDLG32.OCX'

8. VB4.0 won't register OCX's built with VC++4.0

9. Component 'RICHT32.OCX' not correctly registered

10. MSINET.OCX *still* won't register, and now IE4 won't install

11. OCX CONTROL can't register TABCTL32,OCX

12. can't register craxdrt.dll and craxddt.dll