Receive data thru the serial port.
Author Message
 Receive data thru the serial port.

Can someone tell me the fastest way to receive data thru
the serial port with VB.  The program I have right now is
in C++ and it is very slow (9 bytes/sec).
If you know any resource that talk about this, it will help me a lot.
Thank you.

Tue, 29 Jul 2003 10:35:15 GMT
 Receive data thru the serial port.

Quote:

> Can someone tell me the fastest way to receive data thru
> the serial port with VB.  The program I have right now is
> in C++ and it is very slow (9 bytes/sec).
> If you know any resource that talk about this, it will help me a lot.

Hi John-

1. The MScomm object is the standard for serial communications in VB.
Read your help files.

2. http://www.mabry.com for Grier's book on serial communications. A
definite MUST HAVE text!

3. http://www.lvr.com for all things serial, parallel, and USB

4. It sounds like you've got some handshaking issues or something is not
configured properly. 9 bytes/sec? Sheesh!

Good Luck,

Randy BArrow

Please remove NOSPAM from address for replies

Tue, 29 Jul 2003 12:30:00 GMT

1. Receiving binary data from a serial port

2. Sendind and Receiving data from a serial port in Visual Basic

3. Receiving from serial port in qb4.5

4. Receiving ASCII Values Through Serial Port

5. mscomm - send/receive from serial port

6. Serial port receive format?

7. View text received on serial port

8. How to receive a data thru modem....

9. receiving serial data newbie question

10. Sending data thru the COM ports

11. I/O port, Parallel port, Serial port

12. Help receiving data through parrallel port