multi-line listview?
Author Message
 multi-line listview?

I recall having seen two separate lines of text displayed in a listview
field (cell) at one time, but cant figure out how to do it for myself.  I
have tried just inserting the constant vbNewLine (also tried vbCrLf) at the
appropriate point, but that just displays the nonprinting character symbol
at the point it was inserted, instead of creating a new line.  Anyone have
an idea on how to do this?  Perhaps an API call?

On a side note, how can I use the replace function to search for and replace
the vbNewLine?  I tried doing this because an acceptable alternative for me
would be to have the cell contents as "line one and/or line two".  But the
replace function wouldn't work when I tried to replace the vbNewLine with
"and/or".

Wed, 30 Jun 2004 06:35:37 GMT
 multi-line listview?
I don't think you can use the normal listview control and have multiple
lines.

As for the Replace function try instead of using vbNewLine, to use vbCrLf,
vbCr or vbLf maybe one of them will work in your particular case.

Alex

Quote:
> I recall having seen two separate lines of text displayed in a listview
> field (cell) at one time, but cant figure out how to do it for myself.  I
> have tried just inserting the constant vbNewLine (also tried vbCrLf) at
the
> appropriate point, but that just displays the nonprinting character symbol
> at the point it was inserted, instead of creating a new line.  Anyone have
> an idea on how to do this?  Perhaps an API call?

> On a side note, how can I use the replace function to search for and
replace
> the vbNewLine?  I tried doing this because an acceptable alternative for
me
> would be to have the cell contents as "line one and/or line two".  But the
> replace function wouldn't work when I tried to replace the vbNewLine with
> "and/or".

Wed, 30 Jun 2004 07:01:53 GMT

1. Multiline ListView Control?

2. Multiline ListView

3. ListView multi-lined column headers

4. Remove multi-selected lines from listview

5. remove multi-selected lines from listview box

6. Multi-line header for listview

7. ListView - Multi-Line subitems

8. Multi-line column in ListView

9. LISTVIEW - multi line Display

10. LISTVIEW Control - multi lines

11. Multi-Line Column in ListView

12. Assigning Multi line text to a multiline text box