COMDLG32.OCX registration error ?HELP!
Author Message
 COMDLG32.OCX registration error ?HELP!

?Hello!

I wrote my application in VB4 enterprise edition. I do the instalation disks
with Setup Wizard application. When I install when the system is updating an
error occurs: "I cant register the COMDLG32.OCX file". Anybody can tell me
why?. Wich are the minimum files that I must distribute with my application?.

Thanks. Ignacio Calleja

Sun, 10 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 COMDLG32.OCX registration error ?HELP!

I had this problem too- check out article Q160968 on the Microsoft
Knowledge Base (http://www.microsoft.com/kb/articles/q160/9/68.htm)  It
solved my problem.

Joe

Quote:
> I wrote my application in VB4 enterprise edition. I do the instalation
disks
> with Setup Wizard application. When I install when the system is updating
an
> error occurs: "I cant register the COMDLG32.OCX file". Anybody can tell
me
> why?. Wich are the minimum files that I must distribute with my
application?.

> Thanks. Ignacio Calleja

Sun, 10 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 COMDLG32.OCX registration error ?HELP!

Puedes probar a usar el RegClean 4.1 (www.microsoft.com) is Free.
Te limpia el registro de algunos errores al registrar controles.

La mnima cantidad de ficheros depende de los controles que tengas en el
Toolbox y de si usas bases de datos con su respectiva referencia.

Mira el fichero SWDEPEND.INI, que contiene las dependencias de los VBX/OCX
que uses.

--
Alberto Ortiz

Mon, 11 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 COMDLG32.OCX registration error ?HELP!

anwser:
the COMMON DIALOG launch an error 'cause it's used by the instalation
runtime. The best solution is not to include it during the instalation.
Compress it later and add it to the SETUP.LST.

Quote:
>?Hello!

>I wrote my application in VB4 enterprise edition. I do the instalation
disks
>with Setup Wizard application. When I install when the system is updating
an
>error occurs: "I cant register the COMDLG32.OCX file". Anybody can tell
me
>why?. Wich are the minimum files that I must distribute with my
application?.

>Thanks. Ignacio Calleja

Wed, 03 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. COMDLG32.OCX registration error ?HELP!

2. Setup Wiz (Registration Blues - mfc40.dll, grid32.ocx, comdlg32.ocx)

3. Answer to comdlg32.ocx and comctl32.ocx registration problems

4. Problem with registration of COMDLG32.OCX

5. Help!! comdlg32.ocx ERROR

6. Error loading COMDLG32.OCX -- HELP!

7. HELP HELP HELP HELP Comdlg32 error in VB6 under Win2K

8. Comdlg32.ocx error

9. COMDLG32.OCX error on install - pleading!!!!

10. comdlg32.ocx error???

11. COMDLG32.OCX Error after Upgrading to Windows Me

12. License Errors on VB Common Control (COMDLG32.OCX)