What Character Attribute is Under the Mouse Pointer?
Author Message
 What Character Attribute is Under the Mouse Pointer?

I'm trying to duplicate one of those programs where the user will move the
mouse pointer over a URL and the pointer type will change into a hand.  Click
at that point and it will launch the browser to the URL.

problem.

Finding the URL and changing the text attributes into blue underlined is not a
problem.

Figuring out when the user has moved the mouse pointer over the (now blue
underlined) URL is a BIG problem.

Can anyone point me to some code for determining what character attribute is
under the mouse pointer in a RTB?  VB5, by the way...

Thanks,
Alan Holbrook
No .sig, I just post on impulse.

Mon, 03 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 What Character Attribute is Under the Mouse Pointer?
I'm trying to duplicate one of those programs where the user will move the
mouse pointer over a URL and the pointer type will change into a hand.  Click
at that point and it will launch the browser to the URL.

problem.

Finding the URL and changing the text attributes into blue underlined is not
a problem.

Figuring out when the user has moved the mouse pointer over the (now blue
underlined) URL is a BIG problem.

Can anyone point me to some code for determining what character attribute is
under the mouse pointer in a RTB?  VB5, by the way...

Thanks,
Alan Holbrook
No .sig, I just post on impulse.

Mon, 03 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Detecting Character Attributes Under the Mouse Pointer?

2. I am trying to change the mouse pointer...

3. move a mouse pointer to a different location without moving the mouse

4. Invisible mouse...?...no mouse pointer...?

5. Character Attributes in a Text Box (VB3)?

6. Text Box that can change attributes on individual characters

7. How to use pointer and the pointer of pointedness pointer in vb

8. How to use pointer and the pointer of pointedness pointer in vb

9. Passing pointer to a pointer or pointer to a char to a dll

10. How to use pointer and the pointer of pointedness pointer in vb

11. How to use pointer and the pointer of pointedness pointer in vb

12. How to use pointer and the pointer of pointedness pointer in vb