Which API's (16 or 32 bit)
Author Message
 Which API's (16 or 32 bit)

I have an application written in VB4 16 bit that will be ran on both Win
3.11 and WIn 95 OS's.

I want to introduce API's, such as the FlashWIndow API. Do I need to make
separate versions of the program for each OS, or can I just call the 16 bit
version of an API and all will be OK on the WIn 95 OS?

TIA

Steve Anderson

Mon, 31 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Which API's (16 or 32 bit)

Hi Steve.

Check out Conditional Compilation in VB's Help. It shows how to create a
single app that will execute different code depending on the operating
system on the user's machine.

Let me know if I can be of any more help.

"When the going gets tough, the weird turn pro."
         -- R. Duke

> I have an application written in VB4 16 bit that will be ran on both Win
> 3.11 and WIn 95 OS's.

> I want to introduce API's, such as the FlashWIndow API. Do I need to make
> separate versions of the program for each OS, or can I just call the 16
bit
> version of an API and all will be OK on the WIn 95 OS?

> TIA

> Steve Anderson

Mon, 31 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Which API's (16 or 32 bit)

Steve,

You cannot call 32-bit API's from vb4 16-bit, or any other 16-bit program
for that matter.  However, Win95 fully supports the win31 API set, so as
long as you are not trying to call an API  function that exists only in the
Win 32 API set, you should have no problems with your calls.

Peter

BTW, the same is true for WinNT

Quote:
> I have an application written in VB4 16 bit that will be ran on both Win
> 3.11 and WIn 95 OS's.

> I want to introduce API's, such as the FlashWIndow API. Do I need to make
> separate versions of the program for each OS, or can I just call the 16
bit
> version of an API and all will be OK on the WIn 95 OS?

> TIA

> Steve Anderson

Mon, 31 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Which API's (16 or 32 bit)

Quote:

>I have an application written in VB4 16 bit that will be ran on both Win
>3.11 and WIn 95 OS's.
>I want to introduce API's, such as the FlashWIndow API. Do I need to make
>separate versions of the program for each OS, or can I just call the 16 bit
>version of an API and all will be OK on the WIn 95 OS?
>TIA
>Steve Anderson

Supposedly, a 16 bit application will run on both Windows and Win95.

Mon, 07 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Convert 16 to 32 Bit's Api's-Urgent

2. API Conversion 16 bit to 32 bit

3. 32 bit equivalent of 16 bit API call GetModuleUsage

4. Need some 16 bit and 32 bit API assistance

5. 16 bit API calls in VB 3 supported in 32 bit VB 4.0

6. 16-bit/32-bit API calls

7. API: from 16-bit to 32-bit

8. Calling 16 bit DLL's in VB5 ENV(32 bit)

9. Using 16-bit dll's in 32-bit VB

10. Russian(Cyrillic): vb4 32-bit works, but vb4 16-bit doesn't

11. 16 bit .dll's and 32 bit VB4