VB6 and CreateThread
Author Message
 VB6 and CreateThread

I know I have posted before about my problems with VB6 and the CreateThread
API function, but please bear with me for a moment.

I have both VB5 and VB6 installed on my machine.  When I compile programs
using CreateThread in VB5 they run great!  But as soon as I compile the same
program in VB6 and run the EXE, it crashes.

I have tried other peoples programs too.  Including the example from "Where
Angels Fear to Thread" and the MTDemo3 by Dan Appleman in "A Thread to
Visual Basic".  (found at
ftp://ftp.desaware.com/SampleCode/Articles/Thread.zip ).  Both of these
crash as well.

Has anyone had success with CreateThread and VB6?  If someone knows what I
am doing wrong please tell me.

-Randy Blankley

Tue, 27 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using createthread in vb6

2. CreateThread API gives VB6 free-threading ability?

3. CreateThread VB6 on NT

4. CreateThread and VB6, Anyone got it working

5. CreateThread doesn't work with SP1 installed for VB6 either

6. VBA & CreateThread

7. CreateThread

8. CreateThread

9. CreateThread API