unexplained error
Author Message
 unexplained error

hi,
I encountered a bizarre VB error recently:

I have 1 VB standard EXE program (progA) which references a DLL (created in
VB) (progB).
progB in turn references another DLL (progC) created using VB.

When I executed progA in Windows Explorer (ie. simply double-click its
.EXE), I encountered the following error:

Run-time error -2147417848 (80010108)
Automation error
The object invoked has disconnected from its clients

Run-time error 440
Automation error

But when I went into VB compiler environment and added all 3 projects' into
a project group and executed the group under compiler environment,
everything works.  And by removing progC, then progB from the project group,
progA still works under compiler environment.

Why is progA not able to execute alone by double-clicking its .EXE in
Windows Explorer?

anyone any ideas?
pls help.
many thanks.
cw

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
[...]

1. Strange (and unexplained) error reported to event log

2. Unexplained Run-Time error #48

3. Unexplained ADO Error - .AddNew

4. Unexplained Persistence

5. Unexplained "Invalid Use of Property"

6. Unexplained Corruption problems of using VB And MS-Access

7. Unexplained behavior

8. Compile error: Automation error, Error 32811: Unexpected error

9. Compilation error: Automation Error (Error 440)

10. ERROR Code 0x80004005 : ERROR Code 0xfee670 : ERROR 1157

11. Run-time error '-2147417846 (8001010a)': Automation error (error 440)

12. Crystal error: error ocurred reading records: error in compiling sql expression