SQL Server Update Error with RDO
Author Message
 SQL Server Update Error with RDO

Everyone,

We have a VB5 application which uses RDO and the odbc drivers to talk
to either and Access 97 or a SQL6.5 database.

Using Access as the database though a DSN, we can use the data by
using either a .edit, .update cycle or directly using the .execute
with a SQL insert or update statement.  When we connect to a SQL 6.5
database , we can use the execute methods to access the data, but we
can not use either .edit or .addnew with a .update .  As soon as the
update is issued we get a message which says " SQL ODBC driver error
invalid argument value."  Does anyone have any idea what is happening?
BTW, we are using rdo1.0, not 2.0 since 2.0 was giving us problems.  I
know that some of the rdo 2.0 problems are fixed in the Visual
development patch, but we have not yet loaded it since it is not
specific to VB and we are waiting for the rumoured patch to just VB.

TIA

Steve

Mon, 24 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. RDO, SQL Server and error on Update

2. 2nd SQL Server update after update text field corrupts row - using RDO

3. Using RDO to do SQL updates on SQL Server 6.0

4. SQL Server Update with RDO

5. SQL Server Update with RDO

6. Help: SQL error, RDO, UPDATE conflict.

7. VB4 RDO Won't detect an error in an SQL Server 6.0 stored procedure

8. VB5, RDO & SQL Server Timeout Expired Error

9. Rollback RDO SQL Server Error 1799

10. Error: 40002 - 01S03: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]No rows updated or deleted

11. Error doing update with VB 3.0 and SQL Server 6.5

12. Error during update of a dynaset with VB 3.0 and SQL Server 6.0