VB 6.0 Multiple CAB Woes
Author Message
 VB 6.0 Multiple CAB Woes

I cannot seem to create a multiple CAB setup program that works with
multiple floppies. It works great up until about 1/2 way through disk 3 (all
runtime files until this point) when it cannot locate ST6UNST.EXE . At this
point it stops and asks you if you want to locate it yourself. Problem is
that it is located in CAB 4. It won't continue without this file and can't
get this file because it won't continue. This is not a problem with one
large internet CAB.

Anybody else have this problem? Any ideas?

I am a novice programmer that went from VB4 to VB6, I REALLY like the actual
programming part of VB6, there are many very helpful features, but the shear
size and difficulty of a setup program to get my apps to run on other
machines is very disappointing.

Mark Gregory

Thu, 22 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB 6.0 Multiple CAB Woes
Mark, I just created a setup for an application I am working on and it
worked fine, 8 cabs and no errors. Did you perform a clean install?

Henry

Quote:
>I cannot seem to create a multiple CAB setup program that works with
>multiple floppies. It works great up until about 1/2 way through disk 3 (all
>runtime files until this point) when it cannot locate ST6UNST.EXE . At this
>point it stops and asks you if you want to locate it yourself. Problem is
>that it is located in CAB 4. It won't continue without this file and can't
>get this file because it won't continue. This is not a problem with one
>large internet CAB.

>Anybody else have this problem? Any ideas?

>I am a novice programmer that went from VB4 to VB6, I REALLY like the actual
>programming part of VB6, there are many very helpful features, but the shear
>size and difficulty of a setup program to get my apps to run on other
>machines is very disappointing.

>Mark Gregory

Thu, 22 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. BUG: Problems with MDAC20.Cab Shipping in VS 6.0 and VB 6.0

2. VB 6.0 woes

3. VBEE 6.0 Data Environment Woes

4. VBEE 6.0 Data Environment Woes

5. VBEE 6.0 Data Environment Woes

6. VB 6.0 Diagram and multiple ADO connections

7. Rich Text File (.RTF) -Can't copy multiple .rtf files (VB 6.0 Enterprise)

8. ADO woes w/ multiple tables (help please)

9. CAB questions: 1) run app after install 2) installed multiple apps

10. VB 6.0 - Visual FoxPro 6.0 Tables and VB

11. VB5 to create cab file and extract files from cab

12. Where are the cabinets Asycfilt.cab , Msvbvm50.cab , ...