Is Visual Basic 5.0 a good starting language?
Author Message
 Is Visual Basic 5.0 a good starting language?

I am a freshman in college, and am going into MIS. I will not code for a
living, but I would love to know a "usefull" language. I am in the
process of purchasing books, source guides, and VB5 Pro. (Is Enterprise
worth it as a beginner?). Am I on the right track?

Jeff

Thu, 18 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Is Visual Basic 5.0 a good starting language?

Based on what you say, Enterprose would be a waste of money. It offers remote
data access (network) and multithreading as the only upgrade from Professional.
Go with the Pro version.

VB is becoming the language of choice in a lot of places, and learning it will
also help you with VBA from other programs, Like Access, Excel, and a bunch of
others.

The "elitist" language is C++ and the "true believers" languages are Delphi and
Java. I would stick with VB.

  >I am a freshman in college, and am going into MIS. I will not code for a
  >living, but I would love to know a "usefull" language. I am in the
  >process of purchasing books, source guides, and VB5 Pro. (Is Enterprise
  >worth it as a beginner?). Am I on the right track?

  >Jeff

Thu, 18 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Looking for differences between Visual Basic 5.0 enterprise and Visual Basic 5.0 Profesional

2. Is visual basic the best language...?

3. MA *** Visual Basic 5.0 SW Developers/Designers *** mid-senior level / START-UP + STOCK OPTIONS / Boston Suburbs

4. MA *** Visual Basic 5.0 SW Developers/Designers *** mid-senior level / START-UP + STOCK OPTIONS / Boston Suburbs

5. Can I use Visual Foxpro 5.0 and Visual Basic 5.0

6. Calling Visual C++ 5.0 DLL Functions From Visual Basic 5.0

7. BETTER BASIC - old Basic Language Compiler

9. Visual Basic 5.0 vs. Visual Basic 4.0

10. Is VB a good starting language?

11. Does visual basic use basic language?

12. SQLAnywhere 5.0 vs Visual Basic 5.0