Error during install (Unable to update system registry)
Author Message
 Error during install (Unable to update system registry)

Hi all,

I am trying to install VB5.0 Enterprise edition onto a Pentium 200
running Windows NT4.0 and Office 97. However, at the end of the
installation process, an error window comes up "Error 168 Unable to
update system registry." Does anyone here know of a fix to this problem.

Any reply will be greatly appreciated.

Chi Chiu

Wed, 10 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Error during install (Unable to update system registry)

Quote:

> Hi all,

> I am trying to install VB5.0 Enterprise edition onto a Pentium 200
> running Windows NT4.0 and Office 97. However, at the end of the
> installation process, an error window comes up "Error 168 Unable to
> update system registry." Does anyone here know of a fix to this problem.

> Any reply will be greatly appreciated.

> Chi Chiu

This sounds like a typical case of registry permissions.
How are you logged in? You MUST have permission to modify the registry.
Best bet is to be logged in as administrator.

Wed, 10 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Registry error during install created by Setup Wizard (VB4 Professional)

2. ERROR: comcat.dll was unable to register itself in the system registry

3. DAO350.DLL Was Unable To Register Itself In The System Registry

4. "Unable to access system registry"

5. Unable to initalize the systems registry

6. Error installing VB5 app - registry error

7. VB .NET compiler unable to recover from this error (SP2 is installed)

8. ERROR: Unable to open registry key

9. Installation Error : VBCustom_Control_Files_OCX_comctl_reg was unable to register itself in registry

10. Error registering msadox.dll during install

11. errors during install of VB6 program on 486

12. TMP file error during Install with the PDW