making vb apps into activex app
Author Message
 making vb apps into activex app

I have a very simple app. Is it possible to copy the form and code over and
make it into an ActiveX app, or do I need to re-create the whole thing...

Thanks,
Dan

Mon, 04 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 making vb apps into activex app

Quote:
>I have a very simple app. Is it possible to copy the form and code over and
>make it into an ActiveX app, or do I need to re-create the whole thing...

>Thanks,
>Dan

 Dan,

You can change the project to an ActiveX DLL component under the project properties.  Just be aware that the program will
probably not run at that point.  ActiveX DLLs need a standard EXE project to initiate things.  Then, that EXE instances a
class in the DLL, and calls a subroutine in the DLL to display the form.  From there, it's just debugging that needs to take
place.

-Richard

Mon, 04 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Making my startup-app keep the focus/interference from other startup-apps

2. newbie: making an activex app that is activated by http calls

3. Regarding merging of ActiveX app with Standard exe app

4. Data transfer from ASP app to ActiveX app

5. Killing an App started by IE in turn started by VB App from VB

6. VB 5.0 Apps & VB 4.0 Apps

7. error uninstalling Vb .net app I made

8. Can VB app be made into a NT service

9. Are any microsoft apps made in VB?

10. Making a VB App a Service

11. Making VB app as WinNT service