QuickBASIC style "RUN" command
Author Message
 QuickBASIC style "RUN" command

Is there a Visual Basic equivalent for the QuickBASIC RUN command, which
starts another program at the same time it shuts itself down?

Thu, 06 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 QuickBASIC style "RUN" command

Quote:

>Is there a Visual BASIC equivalent for the QuickBASIC RUN command, which
>starts another program at the same time it shuts itself down?

I'm not familiar with the QuickBASIC RUN command, but I suggest you
investigate the Visual BASIC "shell" command.  Perhaps it is what you're
looking for.

Fri, 07 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 QuickBASIC style "RUN" command

try using "SHELL" and then "END"
ex.
        Shell ("Test.BAT")
        End

Quote:
> ----------

> Posted At:         Sunday, July 20, 1997 05:12 PM
> Posted To:         misc
> Conversation:      QuickBASIC style "RUN" command
> Subject:   QuickBASIC style "RUN" command

> Is there a Visual BASIC equivalent for the QuickBASIC RUN command,
> which
> starts another program at the same time it shuts itself down?

Fri, 07 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 QuickBASIC style "RUN" command

Quote:

> Is there a Visual BASIC equivalent for the QuickBASIC RUN command,
> which
> starts another program at the same time it shuts itself down?

Not in one command.

VB OnLine Help:
Shell
Unload
End (do not use unless necessary)

N Varacalli
--
The views expressed herein do not represent the views of my employer.

The Address in the header is mangled, delete appropriately.

To reach me via e-mail, try
NICHOLAS_VARACALLI at non-hp-Canada-om1.hp.com

Fri, 07 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 QuickBASIC style "RUN" command

schreibt:

Quote:
>Is there a Visual BASIC equivalent for the QuickBASIC RUN command, which
>starts another program at the same time it shuts itself down?

No, with VB you have the feature to continue running your app, but you can
terminate it explicitly after Shell ;-)

If you want to restart an app at a special line number, as is possible
with RUN, you must pass a command line argument with Shell, and handle it
in Sub Main.

DoDi

Sat, 08 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 QuickBASIC style "RUN" command

No.  Just do a shell command, do events, and end.

--
Regards,
Robin Kay

http://www.tower.net.au/~clrnight

Quote:
> Is there a Visual BASIC equivalent for the QuickBASIC RUN command, which
> starts another program at the same time it shuts itself down?

Tue, 11 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. QuickBASIC style "RUN" command

2. Running "DOS" command from VBA

3. simulate a "Run" command

4. Running a command "in line"

5. Win95 "Run..." commands

6. Can MS QuickBASIC use ":"

7. need some "translation help" from quickbasic

8. Style "Carousel"

9. "Property Windows"-style OCX needed

10. DB Lists Searching ("Windows Help-style")

11. VB Style "Add Project" dialog

12. "favourites" style list