Icon pictures in listview control.
Author Message
 Icon pictures in listview control.

Hi !!

Does anybody know how to insert the file icon in a listview control.
Usually these controls can display pictures loaded in an imageview control,
but an imageview can only load real pictures (like bmp files).
What I am trying to do is a kind of explorer that will load at run time the
real icon of a file (the problem is mainly exe file which icon is different
from file to file).

Thanks,            Alex

Sat, 31 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Icon pictures in listview control.
Look at the ExtractAssociatedIcon API call.
Quote:

>Hi !!

>Does anybody know how to insert the file icon in a listview control.
>Usually these controls can display pictures loaded in an imageview control,
>but an imageview can only load real pictures (like bmp files).
>What I am trying to do is a kind of explorer that will load at run time the
>real icon of a file (the problem is mainly exe file which icon is different
>from file to file).

>Thanks,            Alex

Sun, 01 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. removing system tray icon without a icon picture.

2. Using API to Extract icons to picture control

3. Using a picture box picture as the mouse icon

4. Sub Color2Gray(Icon as Picture) as Picture ???

5. Block icons in a listview control

6. HOW TO: Set SubItem icons in report-style ListView controls

7. Listview control VB5: Icons

8. Stopping icon movement in a ListView control

9. Icons in ListView Control

10. two icons beside row in listview control

11. File type icons into ListView control?

12. Add icons into Listview control