Redistribute ADO 1.5 with VB 5.0
Author Message
 Redistribute ADO 1.5 with VB 5.0

Hi,
I got an vb 5.0 exe which uses ADO 1.5 to connect to MSSQL 6.5 server.
I need to redistribute this exe.  I tried the application setup wizard
to package this app. but it did not work.

I also tried the ADOREGEX.EXE but this registers ADO 1.0.  How do I get
ADO 1.5 to self-register.  I also tried the regsvr32 to manually
register it but it gave me an error.

I would appreciate any help.
Thanks.
Francis.

Sun, 04 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Redistribute ADO 1.5 with VB 5.0

Quote:
>I got an vb 5.0 exe which uses ADO 1.5 to connect to MSSQL 6.5 server.
>I need to redistribute this exe.  I tried the application setup wizard
>to package this app. but it did not work.

>I also tried the ADOREGEX.EXE but this registers ADO 1.0.  How do I get
>ADO 1.5 to self-register.  I also tried the regsvr32 to manually
>register it but it gave me an error.

Your stuck with what lame Microsoft left us with on this one.  Unless
they've posted something new in the last week or so, there ain't squat
for MDAC/ADO 1.5 distribution support yet--little or no KB articles,
and certainly no distribution/registration support.  Anything they do
have only works with ADO 1.0.  The situation really sucks.  The best
answer I've found so far is to install MDAC 1.5 separately, then your
own application.  Hopefully yours is an internal release and not
shrinkwrap.

HTH,
Dan Read

Tue, 06 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB5EE setup wizard and mdac 1.5 (ado 1.5) problem

2. LDAP connection with ADO 1.5

3. ADO 1.5 CMD error when executing Stored Procedures??

4. ADO 1.5, Where do u get it ?

5. LDAP connection with ADO 1.5

6. Distributing ADO 1.5

7. VB5, ADO 1.5 and Oracle 8.0.5

8. Looking for ADO 1.5

9. Vb5/ADO 1.5/Oracle 7.3 Long Raw field - .GetChunk causes App error

10. ADO 1.5 - VB5.0 - SQL Server 6.5

11. ADO 1.5 or beyond?

12. Please HELP! ADO 1.0 to 1.5 problem