Word Mail Merge Err - Word could not merge...
Author Message
 Word Mail Merge Err - Word could not merge...

I'm having a goofy error with Word and Access from a VB6 app.  I hope
someone out there can shed some light on the issue.

I'm getting the error:

"Word could not merge the main document with the data source because
the data records were empty or no data records matched your query
options."

when the data is present and perfectly fine. This error is sporadic and
closing the app and restarting it usually works fine.

The app imports (appends) records from a text file into an Access
table. Prior to the import the the table is cleared of previous
contents (ie DELETE * from tblName.)

The app then launches Word, opens my mail merge document (datasource is
already set) and executes the merge:
   ...Code snippet...
   If oWord Is Nothing Then Call OpenWord
    oWord.Documents.Open (oParameters.ReferralForm)

    ' Run the Word mail merge
    With oWord.ActiveDocument.MailMerge
        .Destination = wdSendToNewDocument
        .Execute
    End With

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kurt

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 21 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Formatting Merge Fields in Word Mail Merge

2. e-mail from Access via does not send merged Word document

3. HTML forms, Word, e-mail and mail merge

4. creating word mailing labels with Mail Merge

5. HTML forms, Word, e-mail and mail merge

6. (Access/Word Merge) Automating Saving of Merge Results

7. (Access/Word Merge) Automating Closing of Main Doc Containing Merge Codes

8. Merging data from vb form into Word 2000 merge

9. Mail Merge BarCodes / Mail Merge Insertion Point

10. Access/Word mail merge

11. Mail Merge - Word was unable to open the datasource

12. auto updating a field after mail merge to word