File Find
Author Message
 File Find

Hi, I want to write a function that finds a file on someones computer. The
problem is I will only know the latter half of the file and the extension. I
would like to be able to find a file with wildcards i.e. *chris.txt. Once
found I would like to store the file name and file path in variables. I this
possible in VB or will I have to use Visual C++.

Thanks in advance Chris.

Mon, 03 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 File Find
Hallo,
look at this
http://home.fuse.net/lweiner/

Findfile.zip
helped me a lot

        Wolfram

Quote:

> Hi, I want to write a function that finds a file on someones computer. The
> problem is I will only know the latter half of the file and the extension. I
> would like to be able to find a file with wildcards i.e. *chris.txt. Once
> found I would like to store the file name and file path in variables. I this
> possible in VB or will I have to use Visual C++.

> Thanks in advance Chris.

Mon, 03 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 File Find
Hi, I want to write a function that finds a file on someones computer. The
problem is I will only know the latter half of the file and the extension. I
would like to be able to find a file with wildcards i.e. *chris.txt. Once
found I would like to store t
he file name and file path in variables. I this
possible in VB or will I have to use Visual C++.

Thanks in advance Chris.

Mon, 03 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 File Find
Hallo,
look at this
http://home.fuse.net/lweiner/

Findfile.zip
helped me a lot

        Wolfram

Quote:

> Hi, I want to write a function that finds a file on someones computer. The
> problem is I will only know the latter half of the file and the extension.
> would like to be able to find a file with wildcards i.e. *chris.txt. Once
> found I would like to store the file name and file path in variables. I
this
> possible in VB or will I have to use Visual C++.

> Thanks in advance Chris.

Mon, 03 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. If Selection.File.Found Question

2. File Find Dialog

3. concatenating files-found the problem with popups

4. Quick File Finding

5. Call Office 2000 File Find box from Word?

6. Text files finding value

7. File Find ??

8. File-Find with Powerbasic

9. Files, finding them????

10. Outdated files found during compiling

11. File Finding in VB

12. File find routine