Run-time error '429'
Author Message
 Run-time error '429'

Hi I am using filesystemobject = createobject("scripting.filesystemobject")
on my development PC. This works great and I can use filesystemobject to
copy files around willy nilly. However when I distribute this application to
another NT machine I get Run-time error '429' activex cannot create object.
I am using vb6 and have tried deploying the app with the deployment wizard
and a third party installation package to no avail. Any help on this would
be gratefully received.

Regards

Andrew

Sun, 07 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Run-time error '429'

Quote:

>Hi I am using filesystemobject = createobject("scripting.filesystemobject")
>on my development PC. This works great and I can use filesystemobject to
>copy files around willy nilly. However when I distribute this application
>another NT machine I get Run-time error '429' activex cannot create object.
>I am using vb6 and have tried deploying the app with the deployment wizard
>and a third party installation package to no avail. Any help on this would
>be gratefully received.

>Regards

>Andrew

Error 429 "ActiveX Component Can't Create Object" on NT
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q185/1/26.asp
Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object.

Mon, 08 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Run-time error '429'
In case Scripting has been used, the solution is much simpler (and odd, in
fact).

Neither VB P&D nor InstallShield detects that scripting is used, and hence
the required runtime dll isn't included in the setup package.

Just add it manually (scrrun.dll in system dir) and the problems will be
gone.

John

Henri Leboeuf heeft geschreven in bericht ...

Quote:

>>Hi I am using filesystemobject =

createobject("scripting.filesystemobject")
Quote:
>>on my development PC. This works great and I can use filesystemobject to
>>copy files around willy nilly. However when I distribute this application
>>another NT machine I get Run-time error '429' activex cannot create
object.
>>I am using vb6 and have tried deploying the app with the deployment wizard
>>and a third party installation package to no avail. Any help on this would
>>be gratefully received.

>>Regards

>>Andrew

>Error 429 "ActiveX Component Can't Create Object" on NT
>http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q185/1/26.asp
>Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object.

Mon, 08 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

2. Run-Time Error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

3. Run time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

4. Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

5. Run time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

6. Run-Time Error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

7. Run-time error '429'

8. Run-time error '429'

9. Run-time error '429'

10. COM+ : Run-time error '429'