Run Time Error "424"???
Author Message
 Run Time Error "424"???

Help:

I recently installed VB5.  My problem is that every time I try to
compile and run a program, the error 424 comes up and says I have no
object assigned.  This is strange cause I am following step by step in
the tutorial.  Any ideas???

Tue, 30 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Run Time Error "424"???

What does your code look like?  Make sure you've declared your object
variable, and it's visible inside the scope of where you are accessing it.

good luck,
Jeoff Micalizzi

Quote:

>Help:

>I recently installed VB5.  My problem is that every time I try to
>compile and run a program, the error 424 comes up and says I have no
>object assigned.  This is strange cause I am following step by step in
>the tutorial.  Any ideas???

Wed, 31 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Run Time Error "424"???

Quote:
>Help:

>I recently installed VB5.  My problem is that every time I try to
>compile and run a program, the error 424 comes up and says I have no
>object assigned.  This is strange cause I am following step by step in
>the tutorial.  Any ideas???

Another thing you can do is place a MsgBox line within the Form Load Event if
debugging doesn't help. Place a MsgBox "Works to here",64,"Test" in the middle
of the code for the Main Form's Load Event. If the message box appears, the
code above it is fine. If not, the error lies in the code above it. By moving
it up and down, you can eventually pinpoint the line where the program's
failing. This has helped me catch errors when using parameters from the
command line.
        Good luck,

        Steve Ravine
        PyraEye Software

http://www.pyraeye.com

++----------------------------------------------++
"Hello, yes? Has Mr Dent come to his senses yet?
Can we for the moment, assume that he hasn't?"
++----------------------------------------------++

Fri, 02 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. RUN TIME ERROR "424"....

2. Run Time error "424"???

3. inet runtime-error "424"?

4. help: error 424 "Object Required"

5. Help: "Object Required" - error 424

6. Printing Error "Run Time error 486"

7. DCOM ERROR Run-time error "91"

8. run time error "52": bad file name or number

9. HELP "Run-time error 432" HELP

10. Run-Time error "430"?

11. RDO run time error "40041"

12. Urgent: run-time error "458"