How do I call a ms-dos batch file from VB
Author Message
 How do I call a ms-dos batch file from VB

I am trying to automate a very archaic ms-dos .bat file that is passed
multiple parameters.  How do I call the .bat file from VB or just replace
it with VB code?  The .bat file is processing a text file and then loading
the data into
a db repository via an IIOP CORBA connection.  Any help would be
appreciated.

Kevin

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How do I call a ms-dos batch file from VB

Quote:

>I am trying to automate a very archaic ms-dos .bat file that is passed
>multiple parameters.  How do I call the .bat file from VB or just replace
>it with VB code?  The .bat file is processing a text file and then loading
>the data into
>a db repository via an IIOP CORBA connection.  Any help would be
>appreciated.

>Kevin

RetVal = Shell("c:\batdirectory\batfile.bat param1 param2",1)

Keep in mind the VB code doesn't wait for the bat file to finish. How to wait
for this depends on the VB version (16 bit vs 32 bit). Check MS knowledge base
for info on this.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. VB call to DOS Batch Files

2. How to open my local MS-DOS batch file

3. Detecting end of shelled MS-DOS batch file

4. executing ms-dos batch files

5. Executing MS DOS batch files

6. Call VBScribt with parameter from DOS Batch file

7. Help: hiding a DOS window when executing a DOS batch file

8. question on hiding a DOS window when executing a DOS batch file

9. Start dos batch file from a VB application

10. Start dos batch file from a VB application

11. VB DOS: Start Batch file after unloading app?

12. running multiple dos batch files from VB...