visual dbase VS visual basic
Author Message
 visual dbase VS visual basic

visual dbase VS Visual Basic

I am a dbase programmer who has Visual dbase and have tried over the
past year to get the hang of OOP and V dbase only to be disappointed
due to the lack of user friendliness of Vdbase, various quirks, etc.

I tried MS Access and thought that was much harder than Visual
Dbase...

I am wondering maybe I should switch and try learning visual Basic

Is there anyone familiar with both and can give me some good counsel?

thanks!

Mon, 05 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 visual dbase VS visual basic

Quote:
> visual dbase VS visual basic

> I am a dbase programmer who has Visual dbase and have tried over the
> past year to get the hang of OOP and V dbase only to be disappointed
> due to the lack of user friendliness of Vdbase, various quirks, etc.

> I tried MS Access and thought that was much harder than Visual
> Dbase...

> I am wondering maybe I should switch and try learning visual Basic

> Is there anyone familiar with both and can give me some good counsel?

If we speak about Access 8 and Visual Basic 5 (VB) there is no difference
in the language. The advantage of Acess is that you dont have to program
windows and middleware things. Access provide you all Controls and Events
and its very good if you wish to have professional reports for printing.
Access is a very powerfull development environment - it look quite
complicate on the beginning but later you'll never miss it.

Visual Basic is much harder to complete a project because there is no
middleware and you have to do everything on your own. I use both, Access
and Visual Basic and i think its a good way to develop very fast office
applications.

Hope this helps ...

Frank

Mon, 05 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Visual Dbase Vs Visual Basic

2. visual dbase VS visual basic

3. Visual Basic 6.0 vs. Visual Dbase 7.01

4. Visual dBase vs. Visual Basic

5. Visual Basic 5 vs. Visual Basic 6

6. Visual Basic 3.0 vs Visual Basic 4.0

7. Visual Basic 5.0 vs. Visual Basic 4.0

8. Visual Basic ver5 vs Visual Basic ver6

9. Visual Studio.NET vs Visual Basic.NET

10. Visual C++ vs Visual Basic

11. visual basic vs. visual c++ which is better

12. Visual Basic Vs. Visual C++