another combo box question
Author Message
 another combo box question

I want to know if there is a way to know if text is selected from a combo
box if it is possible to have it execute a command...I know that sounds
difficult to understand so let me brake it down.
--------------------------
Combo box is there to hold group names.

\___> Typing in something to the combo box and pressing enter will
|          store a group to the list.
|          |
|          \____>If the group already exists it loads the group.

\____>But now I want it to load the group after a person selects it from
            the dropdown list box as soon as it is selected not after
            pressing enter.
--------------------------
Is that possible?  If so how do you do it?(Trying to stay away from haveing
it check the list if the group is there everytime text changes.)

Wed, 31 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 another combo box question

Quote:
>I want to know if there is a way to know if text is selected from a combo
>box if it is possible to have it execute a command...I know that sounds
>difficult to understand so let me brake it down.
>--------------------------
>Combo box is there to hold group names.
>|
>\___> Typing in something to the combo box and pressing enter will
>|          store a group to the list.
>|          |
>|          \____>If the group already exists it loads the group.
>|
>\____>But now I want it to load the group after a person selects it from
>            the dropdown list box as soon as it is selected not after
>            pressing enter.
>--------------------------
>Is that possible?  If so how do you do it?(Trying to stay away from haveing
>it check the list if the group is there everytime text changes.)

 Encriptor,

The combo box _Click event is activated when you select an item from the list.  If you want to perform a command at the time
of the selection, this is the event you want.

-Richard

Wed, 31 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Combo Box Question

2. Sorry, another combo box question

3. Combo Box question

4. access 2000 combo box questions

5. Combo box question

6. Combo Box question

7. Complicated List and Combo Box Question

8. Data Validation and Combo Box Questions

9. Combo Box Question

10. Populating combo box question

11. standard combo box question

12. embarassing newbie combo box questions