mp3 question
Author Message
 mp3 question

hi!
how do i make my app. play two mp3 files after each other?
when i do like this;
With MediaPlayer1
        .FileName = "c:\eurobase\speek\at01.mp3"
        .Play
        .FileName = "c:\eurobase\speek\10_01.mp3"
        .Play
End With
- it only plays the last file. do i have to create a playlist?

jon

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 07:54:41 GMT
 mp3 question
As I recall the MediaPlayer has some event that triggers when a song is
finished. I forget the exact name. What you sould do is play the first song
like you are doing now. Then in the finished playing event of MediaPlayer,
you start the next song.

        -Andy
         http://dynamicbits.com

Quote:

> hi!
> how do i make my app. play two mp3 files after each other?
> when i do like this;
> With MediaPlayer1
>         .FileName = "c:\eurobase\speek\at01.mp3"
>         .Play
>         .FileName = "c:\eurobase\speek\10_01.mp3"
>         .Play
> End With
> - it only plays the last file. do i have to create a playlist?

Mon, 11 Oct 2004 23:56:47 GMT
 mp3 question

Quote:

> As I recall the MediaPlayer has some event that triggers when a song is
> finished. I forget the exact name. What you sould do is play the first
song
> like you are doing now. Then in the finished playing event of MediaPlayer,
> you start the next song.

PlayStateChange event. The value passed in will be one of the constants
mpPlaying, mpPaused, mpStopped, etc.

Eq.

--

Equinox Tetrachloride
www.cl4.org - www.insecurities.org

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 00:13:43 GMT
 mp3 question

Quote:
> As I recall the MediaPlayer has some event that triggers when a song is
> finished. I forget the exact name. What you sould do is play the first
song
> like you are doing now. Then in the finished playing event of MediaPlayer,
> you start the next song.

>         -Andy
>          http://dynamicbits.com

EndOfStream event

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 01:35:03 GMT
 mp3 question
thanks guys, but i still don't get it to work. could it have something to do
with the mediaplayer version, perhaps?

Quote:

> > As I recall the MediaPlayer has some event that triggers when a song is
> > finished. I forget the exact name. What you sould do is play the first
> song
> > like you are doing now. Then in the finished playing event of
MediaPlayer,
> > you start the next song.

> >         -Andy
> >          http://dynamicbits.com

> EndOfStream event

Wed, 13 Oct 2004 02:21:35 GMT
 mp3 question

Quote:

> thanks guys, but i still don't get it to work. could it have something
> to do with the mediaplayer version, perhaps?

Could you post your code here that doesn't work?

Eq.

--

Equinox Tetrachloride
www.cl4.org - www.insecurities.org

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 22:54:31 GMT
 mp3 question
hi again;
i've tried several ways of doing this, this is the closest i've come:
(this one plays both files, but keep repeting the last one, even if i put on
an extra "If  mplay1.PlayState = mpStopped Then Exit Sub")

Private Sub cmd1_Click()
mplay1.FileName = "c:\eb\at01.mp3"
mplay1.Play
End Sub

Private Sub mplay1_EndOfStream(ByVal Result As Long)
mplay1.FileName = "c:\eb\10_01.mp3"
mplay1.Play
End Sub

jon

Quote:

> > thanks guys, but i still don't get it to work. could it have something
> > to do with the mediaplayer version, perhaps?

> Could you post your code here that doesn't work?

> Eq.

> --

> Equinox Tetrachloride
> www.cl4.org - www.insecurities.org

Thu, 14 Oct 2004 13:52:28 GMT
 mp3 question

The EndOfStream event is fired whenever the currently playing item reaches
the end. That's why it keeps repeating. Here's one simple way to handle this
specific request of yours. If this were an application to continually play
music, then in the EndOfStream event, you could have code to select the next
play from a list or array and start it playing

Quote:

> hi again;
> i've tried several ways of doing this, this is the closest i've come:
> (this one plays both files, but keep repeting the last one, even if i put
on
> an extra "If  mplay1.PlayState = mpStopped Then Exit Sub")

> Private Sub cmd1_Click()
> mplay1.FileName = "c:\eb\at01.mp3"
> mplay1.Play
> End Sub

> Private Sub mplay1_EndOfStream(ByVal Result As Long)

If mplay1.FileName = "c:\eb\10_01.mp3" Then Exit Sub
Quote:
> mplay1.FileName = "c:\eb\10_01.mp3"
> mplay1.Play
> End Sub

> jon

> > > thanks guys, but i still don't get it to work. could it have something
> > > to do with the mediaplayer version, perhaps?

> > Could you post your code here that doesn't work?

> > Eq.

> > --

> > Equinox Tetrachloride
> > www.cl4.org - www.insecurities.org

Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:27:39 GMT
 mp3 question
no, i'm afraid it's not to play continually. i only want the player to play
two spesific files...

jon

Quote:

> The EndOfStream event is fired whenever the currently playing item reaches
> the end. That's why it keeps repeating. Here's one simple way to handle
this
> specific request of yours. If this were an application to continually play
> music, then in the EndOfStream event, you could have code to select the
next
> play from a list or array and start it playing

Quote:
> > hi again;
> > i've tried several ways of doing this, this is the closest i've come:
> > (this one plays both files, but keep repeting the last one, even if i
put
> on
> > an extra "If  mplay1.PlayState = mpStopped Then Exit Sub")

> > Private Sub cmd1_Click()
> > mplay1.FileName = "c:\eb\at01.mp3"
> > mplay1.Play
> > End Sub

> > Private Sub mplay1_EndOfStream(ByVal Result As Long)

> If mplay1.FileName = "c:\eb\10_01.mp3" Then Exit Sub

> > mplay1.FileName = "c:\eb\10_01.mp3"
> > mplay1.Play
> > End Sub

> > jon

Fri, 15 Oct 2004 02:30:30 GMT

1. Basic mp3-question

2. MP3 Question...

3. Help i need an Mp3 control that plays mp3's

4. mp3 control question...

5. Newbie Question on MP3's

6. Question : COmpressing mp3 in vb5

7. Newbie Question on MP3

8. An MP3 Playback For Dummies Post. :-) "WAS Re: MP3 OCX.."

9. import information from MP3-tag to acces DB

10. How to read mp3 ID3v1 Tag and other properties in ACCESS VBA

11. MP3 ID Tags